i would replace the starter relay (driver side cover the one with the 5 prongs.)
if u have it in neutral and the green light on that would eliminate the kickstand switch.
if the relay is out of its holder then it might be hanging down and be full of water.
if u have tunecu then that should give u info about if the ecu thinks it is in neutral or not.
i am thinking that it gave info on the starter relay but i would not bet money on it.

so anyway, the rubber bracket that holds the two relays up was of course dry rotted, but the starter relay was still upright. The flasher relay was kind of fallen over, but neither showed signed of having been wet. Unplugged the starter relay and grease still on the connectors, not a lot, but there on the tips and clean. Cleaned exterior and plastic faces with paper towel as best I could, plugged back in and WALA....... started right up! Holy crap, thanks to everyone for the ideas, I am so clueless when something doesn't work. I'll post a couple of pics but first >>>>> I'll get some more grease when I'm out and reclean and pack with grease BUT I am going riding today it is 65F and not even 10:00 yet!!!!!!! WOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOO
THANKS ALL!

so anyway, the rubber bracket that holds the two relays up was of course dry rotted, but the starter relay was still upright. The flasher relay was kind of fallen over, but neither showed signed of having been wet. Unplugged the starter relay and grease still on the connectors, not a lot, but there on the tips and clean. Cleaned exterior and plastic faces with paper towel as best I could, plugged back in and WALA....... started right up! Holy crap, thanks to everyone for the ideas, I am so clueless when something doesn't work. I'll post a couple of pics but first >>>>> I'll get some more grease when I'm out and reclean and pack with grease BUT I am going riding today it is 65F and not even 10:00 yet!!!!!!! WOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOO
THANKS ALL!

Glad to here you have had some success. I carry a spare starter and standard relay with me on my bike. I would order an original stock relay from Hermys. I would only sub an automotive one in a pinch. I believe the triumph relays have a protect diode in them and you wouldn't want a transient spike to cause any major issues.

mine is first run RIII, before roadster. where is the starter? (scary, I know) Bike is really clean though, in general. I have done a good job in that area. Stays in a garage, etc.

On the rear of the engine down below. By the exhaust crossover on the R3T.

Glad to here you have had some success. I carry a spare starter and standard relay with me on my bike. I would order an original stock relay from Hermys. I would only sub an automotive one in a pinch. I believe the triumph relays have a protect diode in them and you wouldn't want a transient spike to cause any major issues.

Thanks for that advice. I have found the site, interestingly they have a link for 2006 RIII but not 2005. I'll call them, though. I'm sure it's the same. But I will get original stock for sure. Sounds good.

Clutch safety switch. Got the same prob myself and have heard of others. The connections inside the clutch get wet/corroded and cause the problem. if you jiggle the cable going into the clutch it will start. You can peel the rubber cover back and bridge the wires to get you going, but do not bridge them permanently. I talked to the local Triumph mechanic and he said it is connected through the ECM. I have ordered a new switch and half the block, it is a plug and play fix. Around $200 Au
I doubt roadsters and touring are different as far as clutch safety switch goes. I cut mine out, soldered and shrink tuned the wire.

Back