No rear light or license plate light

HIM57

.040 Over
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
I just replaced my rear ligh and flashers with a LED unit.

I also replaced the flasher relay with an electronic one to stop the hyperflash.

Flashers and brake light, headlight are working fine just the rear light and plate light don’t work.

I ideas appreciated.

Can you reverse the positive and negative wires on thr taillight? LEDs are polarity sensativeunlike incandesent

There is only one ground on the light it’s self.
Tried switching black (ground from bike to red wire on light) but the flashers or brake did not work.

I looked through the manual in the hope it was as simple as a fuse for rear light and license plate but does not seem to be the case.

Yes- went straight from battery - all good- rear and plate light don’t look to share a fuse?

Not sure about fuses. Several people have reported damaged wires under fendr with oversize tires or short shocks. Get a multimeter and just work your way thru the circuit until you find the break

Not sure about fuses. Several people have reported damaged wires under fendr with oversize tires or short shocks. Get a multimeter and just work your way thru the circuit until you find the break

It's almost become an adventure game! Strangely enough - it's entertaining (for a while)

Thanks again to all - appreciate it.

Back