No Headlights but bike runs fine

CADFather

Supercharged
I've had my bike parked for about a month or so and got it out and rode it around a little this afternoon. I noticed in the reflection on the cage in front of me my headlights looked awful dim, but I still had my little Wal-Mart lights blazing so no biggie. I checked after I got home and sure enough no High or Low beams, the little parking lights work but no joy on the headlights. I haven't started checking fuses yet and will do that in the afternoon tomorrow, but my bike does start and run without the headlights lit up. If I think about it I'll get a short video of it before I fix it tomorrow, just for the naysayers.
CAD

Sounds like a fuse OR the starter relay. The relay shuts the lights off when you start the bike (conserve battery amps). If the relay is stuck the lights will stay off. If the lights don't come on when you turn the ignition on it's the fuse (most likely) if they do come on then stay off after the bike starts it's the relay. Good luck.

I have a similar "issue". No lows, pilots work fine but highs work. Bike starts and runs fine.

It's your high/low switch, pull it apart and clean the corrosion out of it, the contacts are mucky, that's all.

Mine will start working if I leave the highs on for a few miles and then rock the switch back and forth a bunch of times, then the lows come on. Happens every morning, especially when there has been rain or it's been foggy.

The America uses the same switch and they have tons of problems with them as well.

Sitting here at work and thinking about my Fat Bottom Girls Headlights and then I remembered that the Rockets Headlights were out. :lol: I've got a headlight modulator installed on my bike and it may have gotten some moisture on one of the connections when I sprayed the bike off. This may have popped a fuse if it did. I need to recheck all of my solder joints and waterproofing anyway, since it has been over a year since I installed it. I've got some polishing to do tonight so it may be this weekend before I get to it. Don't think I don't appreciate the helpful suggestions because I really do, but I wasn't fishing for help, more or less I was just saying that my Rocket runs without headlights. Oh and the lights do not come on at all, so it's probably not the relay.

The Rocket looks really cool in the dark with the little Wal-Mart lights mounted on the Raditor shroud and just the parking lights lit up, I may have to wire me in a switch and make me some "Angel Eyes" ala BMW cars.

Back