Newton meters versus foot pounds

Bigfoot

.060 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic, 2007 Rocket
Okay I got a question the book calls for tightening the clutch bolts to 10 NM according to my torque wrench on the side that has the NM it is going to be extremely tight as in using a lot of force for the clutch cover how many units setting it to 10 foot pounds seems like it's tightening but not real tight I am confused of how tight and how to set my wrench I know it sounds like a dumb question but for some reason I have a mental block on this whole area NM versus foot pounds

10 newton metres equals 7.37 foot pounds

theres a very good conversion chart on google search

Okay I got a question the book calls for tightening the clutch bolts to 10 NM according to my torque wrench on the side that has the NM it is going to be extremely tight as in using a lot of force for the clutch cover how many units setting it to 10 foot pounds seems like it's tightening but not real tight I am confused of how tight and how to set my wrench I know it sounds like a dumb question but for some reason I have a mental block on this whole area NM versus foot pounds
MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT LOOKING AT INCH/POUNDS AS OPPOSED TO FOOT POUNDS

Worked with a bloke years ago, we nick named him the big yank. He would tighten everything up as tight as he could and then give it another half a turn. Broke a lot of stuff the big yank but if it didn't break it stayed done up.

Id get one in inch pounds and use the 88 inch pound totque setting
Agree with Warp9.9. For better accuracy, you should avoid using the extreme limits of a torque wrench (high or low) and try to stay within the middle torque numbers. I have never seen a foot pound wrench go below 20 lbs.? I would use an inch lb. wrench for torque that low.

Worked with a bloke years ago, we nick named him the big yank. He would tighten everything up as tight as he could and then give it another half a turn. Broke a lot of stuff the big yank but if it didn't break it stayed done up.
kinda like the rigs/get it as tight as you can then go another round

Back