gearhead999s

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 GT
Hello, I am doing a mid-peg modification, basically fitting the 3R pegs on to a 3GT bike. It all seems pretty straightforward, however I need to break into the rear brake line, which means I will no doubt introduce air into my rear brakes. I noticed that the rear brake line proceeds from the master cylinder up towards the top of the engine (high point). Will I have to have this system professionally bleed? I really don't like my local dealership and would prefer to do it myself, but am concerned I may not have the tools for the job. Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed? Thanks Mike

Mike, the ABS will require you actuate the ABS valve to sweep all the air out. If you have TuneECU there is a function to perform that task. If you don't have TuneECU then it's a split between what's more expensive, having the dealer do it, or you buying the equipment to plug into your bike's ECU. It requires an android device (phone or tablet) and OBDLink LX, MX or MX+ reader. The program from TuneECU also is a few bucks. The advantage with that is clearing error codes, fidddling fuel maps, performing system tests, etc.

Mike, the ABS will require you actuate the ABS valve to sweep all the air out. If you have TuneECU there is a function to perform that task. If you don't have TuneECU then it's a split between what's more expensive, having the dealer do it, or you buying the equipment to plug into your bike's ECU. It requires an android device (phone or tablet) and OBDLink LX, MX or MX+ reader. The program from TuneECU also is a few bucks. The advantage with that is clearing error codes, fidddling fuel maps, performing system tests, etc.
Tuneecu does not work dont bother buying it for bleeding ABS, Check reply from Tuneecu Owner/programmer 'Meeou'

image.png

Neither does the so called 'dealertool' from dealertools company works for bleeding ABS. Check owner reply below
image.png

Good luck

only way to bleed ABS by yourself at home is manually with jimmy version of shop vaccum.

Whoever is claiming that they have bled their ABS pump at home with either TUneecu or Dealertool aftermarket software is imagining things, show me proof/video that ABS can be bled with either software.

Last edited:
The ABS function of TuneECU is similar to the dealer tool: Bottom line, if you don't feel comfy DIY then take it to the dealer or competent mechanic.

The ABS function of TuneECU is similar to the dealer tool: Bottom line, if you don't feel comfy DIY then take it to the dealer or competent mechanic.
You are joking, right? i showed the replies from the creator/owner/programmer of the tools and you still implying that it will work *ROCKET 2020 ABS* ?

You are joking, right? i showed the replies from the creator/owner/programmer of the tools and you still implying that it will work *ROCKET 2020 ABS* ?
What I'm saying is the process works for any bike. The latest R3 doesn't have a NASA designed system for operation in a vacuum. The principals of brake bleeding and ABS are all the same regardless of brand. Triumph doesn't to my knowledge make there own brake systems, they buy them from Nissin, Brembo, et.al. Access to electrically open the ABS valve might be proprietary thru the ECM but the bleeding part is universal. If TuneECU can't actuate the ABS valve on a new R3 I can live with that, I don't own stock in the company and I don't make a nickel on my recommendations. And like anything that's free, take it for what it's worth.

Back