well, no, i was responding to your comment that it was too much scooter for YOU...
i said i couldn't imagine selling mine, and i can't, but i'm having a hard time seeing myself riding it at 70, to be sure ;)

what is that helmet you're wearing in the pic busajack?
i am currently having a mid-helmet crisis........ i can't stand anything more than a shorty, but i really want a shield that covers the face... in a quandry am i.

Greenbaron – point taken. I know I do not have the self discipline the ride something with that many ponies. I know that I could not keep out of the throttle with that kind of performance. My loud, slow Dyna keeps me out of trouble. I also have a BMW R1100GS. I am trying real hard to like that bike, but so far the jury is still out. To be honest after responding to a fatal ****** rocket wreck last week with my volunteer fire department, none of my bikes have seen daylight. That amazingly gruesome sight has haunted me more that I care to admit. It may be a while before I am back on the road.

Back to my dad’s R3 – he has informed me that it is an 05, 4Kmiles, Corbin seat, Corbin saddle bags ($1800), aftermarket exhaust, windscreen, and about every chrome do-dad add on available. The previous owner claimed to have dumped $5k into extra options. This thing looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

So the big question to you guys: how marketable is this bike and what should it bring? Any insight that you can provide is greatly appreciated.

I'll trade a Vulcan 1500 for it!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the same fear about size when I went to the 1500. With a little practice I could u-turn in 24 ft. But I am heavy-weight at 175!!!!!!
Practice on it and I bet you keep it!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I may be too over protective of my dad, but he is pushing 70 years old. FYI - his other mode of transportation is a grossly overpowered T-Bucket hot rod that he built. It will be a challenge getting him out of that one.

I've never met your dad, but I like him already! Anyone who has a 'grossly overpowered' 'bucket and a Rocket deserves my admiration!

Do keep the Rock. It's fun to embarrass the sub-liter squids. :D

Back