Fishbein

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket III Touring 2014 (previously 2008)
Anybody buy Triumph clothes for riding in the winter? What's good and what's not? Fish 8)

No.

I prefer something of quality that will last a lifetime - I'm not sure triumph vetement fits the bill when it comes to winter wear...

In Wisconsin the weather is a bit cold.When I got the Rocket I also got a winter cote ,AWSOME,I thing all Triumph cotes stand up to the test.There also priced wright.I forget the name of the cote leather sleave and and I believe gor-tex body,liner and elbow gard.$260 us

Gapster said:
No.

I prefer something of quality that will last a lifetime - I'm not sure triumph vetement fits the bill when it comes to winter wear...

Gotcha, you're not big on Trimph wear. I like the riding jackets though. And they, apparently, have heated clothes too, but not sure if that's a pain to hook up...it would be cool to ride year round, but I usually don't ride in serious cold (except on those occasions I have to).

Hey Fish: I have not bought much Triumph gear yet (tshirts), but of course we hear Gerbing is the best heated gear. Just bought custom leather chaps, with a life time warranty.. aaaah....if all companies had the same offer...best of luck in your search.

While we're on the subject of Triumph quality, or lack of - everyone should stay away from Triumph's bike cover. I think I paid $160 for it and after only 1 1/2 summer seasons here in Penna, it was shot from sun damage. I am sure I will get at least that out of my $35 JC Whitney cover.

Re: .

MsLizz said:
Hey Fish: I have not bought much Triumph gear yet (tshirts), but of course we hear Gerbing is the best heated gear. Just bought custom leather chaps, with a life time warranty.. aaaah....if all companies had the same offer...best of luck in your search.

Thanks, Ms. Lizz...good tip! Btw, my girlfriend just bought me a really nice Triumph winter jacket (not heated), but with a liner and it looks great. Elbow and shoulder pads (I took out for comfort just for now), it says Triumph Motorcycles in stitching on the front and the patch on the back is black with white letters: ROCKET III
2300 cc
Looks awesome and it's a nice thick soft black leather w/ white stitching...I recommend it.

bluecollar said:
While we're on the subject of Triumph quality, or lack of - everyone should stay away from Triumph's bike cover. I think I paid $160 for it and after only 1 1/2 summer seasons here in Penna, it was shot from sun damage. I am sure I will get at least that out of my $35 JC Whitney cover.

Hey, Bluecollar, I looked at the Triumph cover but they told me it was pretty thin and without heat-protected panels for the pipes, so I went with "The Guardian" by Dow, I believe. It's a really nice thick winter cover with heat protectors. I recommend it. Fish 8)

Back