New to me R3R has ruined riding.

Everyone who gets bitten by the riding bug will know what I mean.
I have a stable of bikes. Bikes that I have held onto, for one reason or another. Primarily, their ability to tick a box on my list of what I want a bike to do.
We all search for the perfect bike. A bike that will fulfill our dreams or requirements of what we want from our bikes, be it Power or speed or handling, etc.
I have a penchant for a V twin. Their torque, usually fairly low in the range, is what I enjoy. I have owned fours and have enjoyed their Top end madness, but much prefer the usability of a torque machine.
Up to this point, it has been a slow and steady incremental increase in power and torque from each new bike that I have added to my garage. Always second hand bikes that have been on my bucket list. I am not rich, but patient.
Each step up the ladder of capacity, technology and refinement, from a new to me bike, has yielded a reward of joy and satisfaction but never yet provided me with that sense of "OMG! This is the bike I've been searching for." Until now.
My, new to me, R3R is that stump pulling torque monster, that my soul has been searching for since I first threw my leg over a XS250 and has ruined riding any other of my bikes from now on. They will all feel so lack luster in comparison.
What a bike! Well done, Triumph.
Now, where did I put that brake bleed hose?
Well said.

Welcome to the site. Congrats on getting that Triumph.

I thought of you when I saw saw this DYI tip . It seems like a pretty cool idea.
Well one would think having a Tampon for a shifter is a sign of being pampered and maybe soft. But then again If the Tampon is used then that elevates you to Hells Angels status. 🤢

Welcome from Christchurch New Zealand.
We had our monthly club ride last sunday (Triumph Riders Motorcycle Club NZ)..Canterbury Chapter...We had 17 bikes so was a good turn out.
One of the guys has three Triumphs including a 2009 (i think?) Rocket but is considering selling all three and getting a new gen Rocket 3. All three bikes satisfy different wants and needs he likes in a bike. He was quizzing me on my Triple Black so i said 'Here, take it for a squirt!'..he at first declined as he dosnt like riding other guys bikes but he is an experienced rider and i talked him into it.
He was gone for maybe 20 mins and when he got back and lifted his visor he had this huge grin on!...'How the hell do you still have your Drivers licence' he said!..'That's insane!'....He couldn't believe the difference between his 2009 Rocket and the Triple Black...i explained that it does have a new exhaust system...DNA filter and a good tune in it and did he give it a handful at all?..'Well yes...i did!' he said....'Bloody hell!'...'It fair snorts!'....'Geez!'
Our president rides an 'R' model and he let Jason ride that on the way homeward...he rode it maybe 180kms so got a good feel for it. He likes the feet under him as compared to the feet forward of the GT.
His other 3 bikes are now on the market and he is taking a secondhand 'R' model with 1700kms on the clock for a test ride in the weekend!
I guess we all know whats gonna happen!...lol.

Welcome from Christchurch New Zealand.
We had our monthly club ride last sunday (Triumph Riders Motorcycle Club NZ)..Canterbury Chapter...We had 17 bikes so was a good turn out.
One of the guys has three Triumphs including a 2009 (i think?) Rocket but is considering selling all three and getting a new gen Rocket 3. All three bikes satisfy different wants and needs he likes in a bike. He was quizzing me on my Triple Black so i said 'Here, take it for a squirt!'..he at first declined as he dosnt like riding other guys bikes but he is an experienced rider and i talked him into it.
He was gone for maybe 20 mins and when he got back and lifted his visor he had this huge grin on!...'How the hell do you still have your Drivers licence' he said!..'That's insane!'....He couldn't believe the difference between his 2009 Rocket and the Triple Black...i explained that it does have a new exhaust system...DNA filter and a good tune in it and did he give it a handful at all?..'Well yes...i did!' he said....'Bloody hell!'...'It fair snorts!'....'Geez!'
Our president rides an 'R' model and he let Jason ride that on the way homeward...he rode it maybe 180kms so got a good feel for it. He likes the feet under him as compared to the feet forward of the GT.
His other 3 bikes are now on the market and he is taking a secondhand 'R' model with 1700kms on the clock for a test ride in the weekend!
I guess we all know whats gonna happen!...lol.
Thank you for the warm Kiwi welcome.
I think that you will have another convert within your ranks, soon.
Most experienced riders will enjoy these girls for what they are. Obviously your not going to buy one to do track days with, although there are videos of them on track. But, the grin factor and all round capability, plus the fact that I don't find her as cumbersome as some reviewers portrayed, moving around garage etc, makes for an all around everyday bike.

Back