lets talk about non rocket riders

imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
so non rocket 2.5l riders who have never tired 2.5L rockets think following

- rockets are just like bigger harelys
- bigger engine size doesnt mean anything
- torque is nothing to them as they have never ridden rocket 2.5 so they dont know what real torque is.
- they are happy with high rpm low torque sports bike, bmws1000rr and hayabusa, etc.

now, when I talk to such people, I dont know what to say to them because,
- I can not let them ride my rocket and let them learn that there is something called 'torque'\
- I gave 2 friends my 2.5l rocket to ride and they got f**ked in their head after they rode it, both are sports riders and still friends.
- i try to explain sports people with 'AINT NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT' they assume I am being rude and end of story as they are not open to anything anymore lol😅
- they are obsessed with their sports bike and think I am just another guy with big engine and nothing else special.

I understand sports bike are nice but i need some nice things to say and some argument about rocket so I can stand out in front of sportsters, specially in chat/written text format, not oral.

I have challenged couple sports bike rider to quarter mile run as they keep downplaying rocket, I did 10.9 for first time in my life's quarter mile run with penner tune.

Cheers.

I only have one of the small Rockets (2.3L) but I found that with one of them, I can have more fun at a lower speed, which is important for me as here in Australia the authorities doesn't like anyone driving or riding on public roads. There are speed cameras everywhere, sending you pictures of your bike or car with an invoice attached if you are doing 3 km/h over the limit (1.9 m/h)
Once I was talking to Andy (Blasterbones from the old .com site) I asked him what was faster in the twisties, Rockets or sports bikes, as he had both. His answer was: "The sports bike is faster, but you can take them on the Rocket by surprise at the end of the corner because of the big torque."
Unfortunately he died on a sports bike a few years back. I'm sure he would have loved the new 2.5L rocket.

When we experience the physical effect of torque....the push....on your body.....when it's almost instant....and particularly when it also appears effortless, has a very powerful impact on the senses.
When a sportsbike delivers the feeling of push, it's doing so with an apparent sense of additional (often) high pitched scream, like all hell's broke loose and of course, that too is a strong effect on your senses, but when similar acceleration is delivered through low down torque, that sense of acceleration is more profound.

Once the lack of range is overcome, the electrification of cars & bikes will deliver to us all the torque that you mind and body could ever wish for........Just a pity that will be the only enjoyable effect on the senses, as the accompanying soundtrack will never be as soulful as the beating heart of an ICE.

I reckon that the 2.5 Rocket might well mark the end of an era.

Can't recall pulling any third gear wheelies on my Rocket like the KTM will do on demand. But you will see a lot of peeps at gas stations where the Rocket likes to mingle and gulp.

I explain that the 2.5L Rocket is a giant naked sportbike. It's an oversized Speed Triple.

I haven't encountered any doubts about the Rocket's straight line abilities. However, there is an assumption that because the engine is so big it must handle like a tractor - hence "big engine and nothing else". The truth lies somewhere in the middle. No it won't handle like a lightweight 600cc, but neither can a liter bike. And the Rocket handles much more like a liter bike than it does a Harley.

Comparing equipment, while entertaining, is mostly a waste of time.

When I was much younger I was riding my dyno tuned, Ohlins equipped K1200RS on a nice twisty road with which I was quite familiar. I considered myself a relative competent rider and was motoring along at a brisk but overall unhurried pace. I was passed by an un-helmeted, scruffy looking lad on an older Harley Sportster. Feeling rather insulted by the failure of the Harley rider to recognize the obvious superiority of the BMW, I set out to enlighten him. As I ratcheted up the pace I was rather dismayed to discover that I wasn't closing the gap. Instead, despite my most gallant efforts, Mr. Scruffy slowly but steadily disappeared up the mountain.

I guess it just proves the old adage. It's not the arrow, its the Indian.

....... The truth lies somewhere in the middle. No it won't handle like a lightweight 600cc, but neither can a liter bike. And the Rocket handles much more like a liter bike than it does a Harley.
The Rocket isn't the best bike at anything, but it is one he11 of an amazing bike that does many things really, really well. It's fast, handles waaaaay better than a cruiser (both 2.3 and, especially 2.5), and you can load it up with camping gear and go cross country. Not many bikes can claim all three and I don't think there is another one that does all that better.
@GPMAZ is absolutely right. I don't visit other forums or stand around with people trying to convince them that the Rocket is the best, or worthy. Ride with these people and SHOW them what you're talking about! "Just Do It!"
.......It's not the arrow, its the Indian.
Right! Now, bikes aside, it all comes down to the rider in the end. My buddy rides a one cylinder 700cc Husqvarna (75HP 53 Torque). We hang together on the tight twisties around here pretty good, but he is a better rider (don't tell him I said so, but that sob knows) and while he is out on a casual ride, I am pushing much harder to stay with him. What little straights I get, I close the gap fast and then fall back as he is able to lean much further over. When he gets the itch though, he can open up in the curves and spread that gap quite well.

In another context... "It ain't the meat, it's the motion."

When I was much younger I was riding my dyno tuned, Ohlins equipped K1200RS on a nice twisty road with which I was quite familiar. I considered myself a relative competent rider and was motoring along at a brisk but overall unhurried pace. I was passed by an un-helmeted, scruffy looking lad on an older Harley Sportster. Feeling rather insulted by the failure of the Harley rider to recognize the obvious superiority of the BMW, I set out to enlighten him. As I ratcheted up the pace I was rather dismayed to discover that I wasn't closing the gap. Instead, despite my most gallant efforts, Mr. Scruffy slowly but steadily disappeared up the mountain.

I guess it just proves the old adage. It's not the arrow, its the Indian.
And so goes the same with our Rockets. Big lumbering pig the sport rider thought .... until I passed him in the twisties.

Back