Female perspective of riding the Rocket 3 R

There seems to be a high percentage of female biker-tubers based in my region. I'd never come across Saffy Sprocket until the posting yesterday.
I noticed that she has made a short video on Snake Pass which is a road I have used regularly for many decades.
Years ago it was a cracking road to test the power and handling of a good sportsbike but just like many popular biking roads in my region, there were quite a few injuries & deaths so that's why these days the speed limit has been dropped down to 50mph which makes Snake Pass a cruising road rather than a fun road.
Her description of Snake Pass is over dramatized and the drone footage is only 50% Snake Pass. The other 50% is actually of another pass which lies a few miles south of the Snake, called Winnatt's Pass. That one really is the more challenging road because it's VERY steep. Brake fade is guaranteed by the time you get to the bottom of that hill.
Both roads are serious winter roads and often closed due to weather conditions and sometimes land slides etc..
Nice film footage though.......

There you go 'the rest of the world'........It appears that the UK has set the latest benchmark......beat that.... ;)

Back