Female perspective of riding the Rocket 3 R

Jagster

Torque junkie
Ride
2020 Rocket 3R
You might have already seen Kate's youtube channel but I thought her latest posting was an interesting one for a number of reasons.
The first one is an obvious one, as it's always interesting to see a female riding bikes, but I think this video highlighted how even in very wet winter riding conditions, the bike can still be tamed by someone who is physically smaller, lighter, and probably less strong than the assumed demographic owner of a Triumph Rocket.
Despite the terrible weather, I also like this video because it's filmed in the area where I live....very enjoyable biking roads in the summer, but maybe not quite so nice in the winter :whitstling:

Thanks for sharing that. I've noticed a lot of women choose Harleys. Maybe because they sit low? It'd be nice to see more women riding Rockets and to have them as members on this site.

I sometimes follow the adventures of this woman who is going around the world solo on a bike. Very bada$$

@imcool I've seen that video before and it's certainly an emotive watch for the obvious reasons, but it's just a sort of promo video and therefore doesn't have the same authenticity of some of the other content out there. For that reason I really like what female riders such as Kate are doing.

The couple of previous videos on Kate’s channel where they do the behind the scenes for the Triumph promo then the promo itself are interesting. Not just for the fact it is 3 girls on Rockets (and the differences in how they handle them), but in the amount of effort that goes into a few minutes of decent footage! Props to the full time bike content creators out there doing this day in and day out.

Oh, and check out this girl's first go on a Rocket. I don't know, knowing it's an indoor sprint race, if I was the bike wrangler and I heard her say "I've never ridden anything bigger than a 650", I might've told her the Rocket was not a great place to start for an event like this. But then she went and did it like a boss! :cool:

Back