2 new Harleys on the block

Funny, I'm the opposite, I have no problem using TuneECU and stuff, but don't wrench much. Kind of surprising, because I'm a high school dropout, carpenter, who worked with my hands all my life. But nails and screws, no problem, but nuts and bolts and wrenches, we have a mutual dislike and it shows.
Excellent!
That's the perfect lead-in to your next thread, entitled 'How to De-restrict 2.5L Rockets - A Step-By-Step Guide' :whitstling:........:p.......:thumbsup:

Well I was going to post a picture of a truly pretty high quality painted bike but I should not enable those that would steer this off topic.;)

Harley has better support, paint and comfort but the Rockets have the power and handling. A real bike connoisseur would have both.:roll:
I want all the bikes!

Well I was going to post a picture of a truly pretty high quality painted bike but I should not enable those that would steer this off topic.;)

Harley has better support, paint and comfort but the Rockets have the power and handling. A real bike connoisseur would have both.:roll:
Any way to get an R3 motor in a HD Roadglide frame? That would be the ultimate touring bike.

Lets see the bike.
The OP says so it’s done. If a particular bike is not quite everything you want just keep working on it. This one has custom paint and a 126 big bore kit.
3C1A3A5B-F43E-438C-8299-4820CF5F60BA.jpeg

The OP says so it’s done. If a particular bike is not quite everything you want just keep working on it. This one has custom paint and a 126 big bore kit.
3C1A3A5B-F43E-438C-8299-4820CF5F60BA.jpeg
Beautiful bike there. I didnt mean the topic going in other directions was bad. I like all the different directions and hearing about different experiances.

Had 2 guys on my block asking me about my Rocket. They both wanted new bikes. Although I really like my Rocket, I steered them away because I wont lie, the lack of support has really weighed heavy on me. 9 weeks and still cant get basic parts that most any dealer with a service dept should have. How are we supposed to keep our bikes seviced and running? I could not get the oil drain washers because they have to order them, maybe 2 weeks to get. Lucky I just wanted them for later. Anyways, they both bought Harleys over the weekend.
You don't really have to replace those washers everytime. I learned from a rider from Russia where it's really hard to get parts. You can take a fine grit sandpaper to them and remove any ridges on the washers and they're good as new. I think you can also get the same size crusher washer at an auto parts store . The O rings aren't hard to find as well.

Last edited:
Back