New to me R3R has ruined riding.

Bosco15

Education is important. Motorbikes are importanter
Ride
2020 R3R
Everyone who gets bitten by the riding bug will know what I mean.
I have a stable of bikes. Bikes that I have held onto, for one reason or another. Primarily, their ability to tick a box on my list of what I want a bike to do.
We all search for the perfect bike. A bike that will fulfill our dreams or requirements of what we want from our bikes, be it Power or speed or handling, etc.
I have a penchant for a V twin. Their torque, usually fairly low in the range, is what I enjoy. I have owned fours and have enjoyed their Top end madness, but much prefer the usability of a torque machine.
Up to this point, it has been a slow and steady incremental increase in power and torque from each new bike that I have added to my garage. Always second hand bikes that have been on my bucket list. I am not rich, but patient.
Each step up the ladder of capacity, technology and refinement, from a new to me bike, has yielded a reward of joy and satisfaction but never yet provided me with that sense of "OMG! This is the bike I've been searching for." Until now.
My, new to me, R3R is that stump pulling torque monster, that my soul has been searching for since I first threw my leg over a XS250 and has ruined riding any other of my bikes from now on. They will all feel so lack luster in comparison.
What a bike! Well done, Triumph.
Now, where did I put that brake bleed hose?

Attachments

• IMG_20230413_095620.jpg
    IMG_20230413_095620.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 29
I have a small stable and each does have a box to tick so I understand what you’re are saying. The Rocket is a torque beast and very fast with great handling for its size but it still lacks the features of a full touring machine. If I need music, bags and a windshield to utilize a half helmet I’ll use an Indian. Ps my Indians ain’t weak. One has a 116 and the other a Lloyd’s 126 kit.;)

WELCOME to our R3 family and the "Perma-Grin Club" :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

I have a stable of bikes. Bikes that I have held onto, for one reason or another. Primarily, their ability to tick a box on my list of what I want a bike to do.
We all search for the perfect bike. A bike that will fulfill our dreams or requirements of what we want from our bikes, be it Power or speed or handling, etc.
I have a penchant for a V twin. Their torque, usually fairly low in the range, is what I enjoy. I have owned fours and have enjoyed their Top end madness, but much prefer the usability of a torque machine.
Up to this point, it has been a slow and steady incremental increase in power and torque from each new bike that I have added to my garage. Always second hand bikes that have been on my bucket list. I am not rich, but patient.
Each step up the ladder of capacity, technology and refinement, from a new to me bike, has yielded a reward of joy and satisfaction but never yet provided me with that sense of "OMG! This is the bike I've been searching for." Until now.
My, new to me, R3R is that stump pulling torque monster, that my soul has been searching for since I first threw my leg over a XS250 and has ruined riding any other of my bikes from now on. They will all feel so lack luster in comparison.
becomes crazier after upgrading to after market exhaust ( stock exhaust is 11kg) + tune from Mr. Penner + DNA Air filter
Absolute monster

Welcome bother... have a new (used) 2008 Touring I am getting ready for the road........

I have a small stable and each does have a box to tick so I understand what you’re are saying. The Rocket is a torque beast and very fast with great handling for its size but it still lacks the features of a full touring machine. If I need music, bags and a windshield to utilize a half helmet I’ll use an Indian. Ps my Indians ain’t weak. One has a 116 and the other a Lloyd’s 126 kit.;)
I thought of you when I saw saw this DYI tip . It seems like a pretty cool idea.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230407-121931.png
    Screenshot_20230407-121931.png
    213.7 KB · Views: 35
Back