New tire needs balancing?

Remove the rear drive, clean and lube the splines with each tyre change. Remove the rear caliper assembly, exercise the pistons out. Clean and polish the exposed portion of the piston with brake fluid. Better yet, open the caliper and clean the mother like a pistol. Lube with Brembo grease, seat pistons all the way in. Reinstall with new pads, bleed brake lines with new brake fluid. Brake-in the new pads. The rear caliper on the R3 gathers dirt and requires attention before it locks and you have problems like a hot caliper, locked rear brake and such. Clean calipers well and seat the pad springs correctly. Replace them if rusted. This should be standard service every time the rear wheel comes off. Tyre shops don't do it.
its like removing a car tire on this new rocket :D

its like removing a car tire on this new rocket :D
I used to take the rim with used rubber and new tyre to a car shop. 20 buck to change. The MC shop balanced it or I used GoRide goop to balance. Had a spare rim with a ready to roll tyre. They are cheap and easy to find. Don't know about the new ones. The single arm mounts usually require a lot of torque that requires a special tool. Better let the shop mess with that.

I used to take the rim with used rubber and new tyre to a car shop. 20 buck to change. The MC shop balanced it or I used GoRide goop to balance. Had a spare rim with a ready to roll tyre. They are cheap and easy to find. Don't know about the new ones. The single arm mounts usually require a lot of torque that requires a special tool. Better let the shop mess with that.
I'm on my third rear tire, easiest bike tire change you will ever do, there is a company, i think it is called balance beads or something along that like, your in Canada so you can check your local shops, or petessuperbikes or fortnine both are in Canada and delivery is pretty quick, so far, both new rear tires have not needed to be balanced, each was checked on a digital machine after the change and were fine, didn't have to add or remove any weights, so far, no idea about the front, i'm to order a new one, that one has hung in for 20+K

This stuff works.

Good question. My Rocket is only 2 months old and I haven't had the rear tire off yet. Does the center piece come out? If yes what is the diameter and thickness of the hole? I have cones that fit my single sidearm Multistrada and they fit the front wheels on a Can Am Spyder which use lug nuts like the Rocket. Does anyone have a pice of the rear tire off the bike and of the spindle?
Please let us know what you find out. I'm seriously in the hunt for a used R. I currently have the Roadster and also change my own tires with a MojoLever and Marc Parnes balance tools. Wondering which cones we'll be needing.

Update:

Hi, Its no problem to make one. I just need someone to remove the rear wheel and take some photos and basic measurements for me.

Thanks,
Marc

MarcParnes@aol.com
Shop (714) 842-9210 (try this one first)
Cell (714) 655-6074 (can't hear this ring in the shop)
www.marcparnes.com

Last edited:
wow, never heard of that, what is bb, can you suggest a brand and product link please?
BB = ball bearing. What he's suggesting is you add a couple ounces of loose ball bearings to the tire by pouring them in before the tire gets inflated to seat the bead. There's a lot of threads on various forums about doing that instead of balancing the tire, I think it's a great way to shot peen your wheel hub on the inside (if you desire shot peening, me not so much, which is why I have a static balancer) and they will tend to balance your tire over the life of the tire. My 2 pennies worth....

Back