New tire needs balancing?

Have never had that happen, maybe a cheap tire? Ran Metzlers on my old Rockets
The ride on doesn't look that bad, would like to hear from someone that has tried it. I like the self sealing part.

Last edited:
hey, I was looking up about beads and came across this

I'm not a bead person and that video makes sense, but I would have ask the "So what?" factor. Anything that rubs with any sort of friction is going wear down something over time. Water, over time, will smooth and round a sharp rock...but does it matter in context? Does the wearing on the inside effect the overall life or stability of trustworthiness of the tire?? My gut says no... but again... I'm not a user... just an observer.
-MIG

Have never had that happen, maybe a cheap tire? Ran Metzlers on my old Rockets
The ride on doesn't look that bad, would like to hear from someone that has tried it. I like the self sealing part.
I tried RideOn several years ago. I had a very small nail hole in my rear tire on a '98 Thunderbird Sport. Finding out after buying a bottle and getting it home that it takes two for a tire that size (not that big at all compared to the Rocket). So, if you decide to use this stuff get two, or ten, or however many they say you need :mad:

So, it did not seal my leak. I contacted "customer service," not really- they don't have such a department, but I talked to someone in corporate who was not thrilled to get such a call, and they instructed me to make the hole bigger. Okaaay.... After increasing the size of the hole, more, then more, it still would not seal. Their warranty is not money back, but to send you more product (no thanks).

I get 4k miles to a tire. It's too expensive and, in my experience, does not work. I do know there are one or more people on this site that swear by it- whether or not they've ever had a leak would be good to know.

MojoLever and cheap tire changing stand
Marc Parnes wheel balancer
FOBO tire sensors

I find that if I leave the weights on the wheel and put the new tire on with the mark aligning up with the valve stem it is perfectly balanced.

I find that if I leave the weights on the wheel and put the new tire on with the mark aligning up with the valve stem it is perfectly balanced.
That would make your wheel, not your tire the one needing weights to balance... I would think that most times that is what needs to be balanced, I seriously doubt that the tires come that uneven from the factory.... then again, it's made in a mold, not spinning material, so you may get more material in one part than another... just balance the whole thing...

Maybe I am lucky, I listened to a podcast from a guy who retired out of the motorcycle tire industry and he talked about the tolerances on motorcycles tires being so good they don't need balanced. Because we only have two wheels he talked about how they take so much more care and precision on motorcycle tires than they do on car tires. The only thing he said to be sure of is align the valve stem mark on the tire up with where it is on the rim.

I figured I would give it a shot and I have never had an issue with balance if I leave the weights on. Seems like the forging of the wheel and the valves stem cause more issues than a tire. I can run them up over 100mph and it is all smooth on several motorcycles. I finally stopped checking them for balance after 3 or 4 tires didn't need anything. I should mention I buy good name brand tires and am getting their top of the line tires.

Back