New R3R owner in SE Michigan

Hey Flopper....welcome from Northern Ontario.....you're not gonna let a little snow keep you from riding are you?.......

Now imagine what you can do with a Rocket ;)

BCC_Snowplough.jpg

This question should probably be asked in a different forum, but oh well. So, I finally got my 2014 R3R out on the road this past weekend. I put about 250 miles on her. The main question I have is, what RPMs do you guys like to cruise at? My bike is all stock. I've been cruising around 3K RPMs. I've read the owners manual, but don't remember any recommendations. The only thing I remember, was not to lug it out during the break in. Thanks guys, sorry for the stupid question.

That's about where I cruise.

There's an odd quirk in a few of them that causes some additional vibration around the 2k - 2.5k RPM in the higher gears (I've got one that does it). So I tend to keep it in 3rd up to around 40 mph (sometimes a bit higher when it traffic), 4th for 40 - 50ish and 5th for everything above. 80 mph on the highway puts me about 3k+

That's about where I cruise.

There's an odd quirk in a few of them that causes some additional vibration around the 2k - 2.5k RPM in the higher gears (I've got one that does it). So I tend to keep it in 3rd up to around 40 mph (sometimes a bit higher when it traffic), 4th for 40 - 50ish and 5th for everything above. 80 mph on the highway puts me about 3k+
Man, that does not seem in line with what I experienced yesterday. I never even saw 5th gear. I was cruising in 3rd at around 3.5K and 60mph. (If I remember correctly). When I got on the expressway, I hit 4th at around 75-80mph.

Yeah, that also sounds feasible. The power available on these things is fantastic. When I first got mine I would find myself near 60 in 3rd. As I got used to her I started to find what was comfortable to me. The Rocket has so much available power and is so comfortable anywhere in the powerband that it allows everyone to ride as they like.

Back