New R3 Spotted in Thailand

I don't think the guy in the background is laughing, I think he's whincing in pain 'cause the fool ran over his foot & still does not have control of the Rust Rocket.

Hey Flip it looks like he is running car tires on the front and rear. Maybe we could track him down and see what sizes he his using.

Pig9r said:
Hey Flip it looks like he is running car tires on the front and rear. Maybe we could track him down and see what sizes he his using.

Sure is. So is the other guy in the other picture. Considering what the Metz's cost and the kind of mileage you get from a car tire, I can see the need.......:D

Besides, you can recap a car tire.:eek:

It's an interesting sidecar outfit in the picture too. Looks like an older Velorex but I can't make out the bike other than it's a dual purpose model.

Last edited:
Sidecar Flip said:
It's an interesting sidecar outfit in the picture too. Looks like an older Velorex but I can't make out the bike other than it's a dual purpose model.

Velorex-inspired but Soviet-made, KGB-exported Ural, I'd submit. Ural short for urinal. Hazardous transportation aside, that was the second purpose colonized, Eastern Europeans ended up using them for:cool:

Last edited:
Jamie:

I should have looked closer. It is a ural. Can't be a Beemer boxer, way out of their price league.

I'm very well versed in sidecars and the Ural inported to the States has Ural's own sidecar attached and it comes in 2 wheel drive but no horsepower. I have a friend that has one and top speed is around 60 with a tailwind.

That is an old Velo and I'm surprised that it's mounted to a Ural. I enclosed a picture of my baby that you can blow up. Let me know what you think. Lots of work went into it. I finally figured out how to post a picture. Hooray for a computer dork.

Attachments

• MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I have seen recently in US bike publications advertisements for Urals with the sidecar. They state it is a working mans motorcycle and show some guy out on his farm with the sidecar set up.

Back