jtanc39

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket Touring 2008
IMG-20160917-WA0039.jpg
IMG-20160917-WA0040.jpg

Was so excited about this new bike but challenges just kept coming... Happily sent the bike to be Polish and treated with paint protection yesterday but suddenly got a call to be informed that my fuel tank was leaking. Rushed down and raised the fuel tank to see what has happened... Only to find that fuel of leaking for under the tank.

After checking the service manual, then I realised that it's the fuel level sensor. My heart just sank when I saw the paint work melted under the constant contact with the fuel.

Fortunately a phone call to the paint shop ease my pain when they told me that they should have no problem to touch it up. Good thing this is at some obscured area where it's not that obvious.

What a way to start my rocket journey.

Ah that's unfortunate John - hopefully the paint shop can recover it quite easily and get a good blend.

The issue would have happened regardless of course, but I'm surprised your paint shop didn't caution you against
Happily sent the bike to be Polish and treated with paint protection yesterday
- would have been best to let the paint cure fully for a couple of weeks before any polishing/sealant treatment.

Glad everything is OK and fixable. When I first read the title I thought you had wrecked the bike. I'm glad that is not the case and that both you and the bike are ok.

Nice!

I take it the test went well? :D

I'm adamant to pass so make sure I threw in a few practice sessions before the test.

However, I have to be honest, riding this bike can be quite a stressful experience. Especially when backing this bike up into the tiny parking lots here in singapore. I will always have this image of my bike starting a domino effect.

Back