New owner of an 05 roadster w/ turbo

Well after a trip to a tuning shop, it looks like they identified my issues.

Turns out the power commander 5 the previous owner installed wasn't installed correctly (Had 1 wire hooked up wrong), but the bigger issue was it was located in the right side panel where it got too hot. So the bike wasn't overheating, but the PC unit was and shutting my bike off when it got hot. I now have a new power commander 6, they relocated it over the battery, and gave it a new a new tune. Now it dynoed right around 180HP and 207ft-lbs of torque (This is at 4,600' elevation, should make more boost around sea level).

More than anything I'm happy to have my rocket back and hopefully have it be reliable now.
Great to hear!!! 😀 😀 😀

Glad it's sorted! Seems like a fun bike.

Regarding boost, as you change elevation the boost pressure will remain the same if it's mechanically controlled (probably is). The mass of air will rise as you go down in elevation and the turbo speed to achieve the target boost level will decrease as a result.

Don't rely on the Autotune to keep a turbo-bike alive. In fact, I would completely disable the authority to lean the mixture and only give it enrichment authority from the baseline you already have, setting a target afr table with ~13:1 for anything 0-3500 and 12:1 from 3500-7000 as a quick safety measure with 10% authority on the Autotune. Paired with the ECUs barometric correction factor already used, it should be enough to keep it healthy across most elevation ranges.

Back