New owner of an 05 roadster w/ turbo

NV-TurboRocketIII

Standard Bore
Ride
05 Rocket III roadster
Hey everybody,

Just picked up a used 05 rocket III roadster this weekend with 15k miles and a turbo installed by the previous owner. This is the 7th bike I’ve owned (currently also own a 96 Vmax), but this is definitely my favorite.

I’m working through a couple gremlins that the bike came with, and any help for this confused new owner would be appreciated. First, the idiot light (CEL) has been lit since I bought it. It seemed to run fine on a long trip from where I bought it, but not sure if this is too big of a concern? I figured with the turbo, maybe it’s just tripping that light.

Other odd question is, do these first gen rockets have an electric fan? I didn’t see any like on my Vmax, and I know I’m not hearing one, but figured somebody would be able to answer quickly.

I’ll definitely be doing more research on the forum here, but just trying to get up to speed fast. Appreciate any help. Thanks,

Attachments

• 2251A67A-C145-4EBE-9BC4-2CBC9730FC78.jpeg
    2251A67A-C145-4EBE-9BC4-2CBC9730FC78.jpeg
    323.3 KB · Views: 57
  • FACFE955-4579-479A-91C6-65B750F40FE3.jpeg
    FACFE955-4579-479A-91C6-65B750F40FE3.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 58
WELCOME! to our R3 Family... Yes, electric fan. You'll want to read up on TuneECU to take a look at and make some adjustments. One of my first was to lower the temp the fan came on. I can generally hear mine when it kicks on, but it's not loud. ENJOY your new Perma-Grin :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

WELCOME! to our R3 Family... Yes, electric fan. You'll want to read up on TuneECU to take a look at and make some adjustments. One of my first was to lower the temp the fan came on. I can generally hear mine when it kicks on, but it's not loud. ENJOY your new Perma-Grin :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG
Much appreciated! I’ve definitely got some reading to do, but glad to know there’s some hope on the fan. Thanks again

A turbo rocket. That's fantastic. I tried finding where the turbo was in the pictures. is it tucked up under the bike?

Regardless. Welcome!!
Tucked right under the exhaust. Can’t even notice it unless you get low under the bike. Definitely noticeable when the throttle twists or you let off and hear the blow off though!

Thanks!

Back