New Bump Stick from Nev

hombre

Nitrous
Here's the latest LONG duration exhaust cam for FA inducted Rockets from Neville Lush. If you've ever seen the stock or mild cams, you'll notice significantly fatter lobe peaks.

Come on Hombre, it's not like you to do something half-assed. Go ahead and have him rework the intake side too --- then you can sell me the first set he made for you. :D:D

Is the new one a drop in also? No shimming required?

My plan (agreement) with Nev was that the first intake cam he made made for me would be of sufficient lift and duration for the supercharger, which coincidentally was also correct for the ram air. So with the ram air I ran a max lift/duration intake cam (for stock valves and pistons) in conjunction with Nev's mild exhaust cam.

FA induction can run much longer duration exhaust, so this one is max lift/duration that can still be used without fly cut pistons. It still uses the stock shims, but LOBE CENTER MUST BE DIALED, as the clearances are much tighter. Should put me somwhere over 270 RWHP, hopefully without losing much low end. The torque band is flat and sweet right now, so if I lose too much low end, I'll go back to the mild exhaust cam. Contrary to rumour, I'm really not building a drag only bike. :D

At $525 AUD per cam, it was nice of Nev to save me some money... but I won't really have a "set" for sale. :(

ok i'll bite since i have no idea what the relation is on lobe spec to torque. do the "mild" cams nev does increase the torque at the lower range ? ie: 4500 and below ?
sam

ok i'll bite since i have no idea what the relation is on lobe spec to torque. do the "mild" cams nev does increase the torque at the lower range ? ie: 4500 and below ?
sam

Sam, I have never used the mild intake cam from Nev, only the mild exhaust. But looking at the torque charts that have been published, the answer is yes.

The longer duration intake cam robs about 5% torque from under 3000 to give you 10% more torque over 5000 RPMs when coupled to ram air (compared to mild cams and triple filters).

How refreshing to be on a technical thread. Any other thread and my post about a tight Series II would have elicited an off color comment............:)

soooo working on that comment for ya flip :D

"Least I now know what a 'bump stick' is."

funny that's what we called our pr24's.

thanks for the info hombre... myself i want this to rip my arms off below 4k. to much **** traffic to really ever get into the 5k and up area. dont you have a trip to estonia coming up soon. had a organic chem professor from there. claimed she helped develop nylon.

Back