New bike weird issues

Thanks, but I don't need the pro tool number of bikes and dealer tool won't do what I will be doing. Do you have a video on a late model Rocket3 pro tool bleed?

Tested out the low fuel light and put a few more miles on her. It seems quieter with the mobil 1 and a bit cooler running. And it was 90f out riding so things are good. Except another alarm. This time I got a MIL check engine warning. I'm not sure what I had without my scanner yet. All I could see was maybe the coolant was close to the low mark. I brought that up with some H-OAT zerex and the MILf was gone. Picky, just like some women.

Boy, I got a laugh out of those fancy aluminum racing caps. Once I finally figured out to remove all of the phillips headed set screws, there's just another plastic cap under there. It almost looks better with all those faux ness removed. But, I digress, and put it all back to stock. Better put a little phillips in the tool kit. lol

I have only used tuneecu for flashing maps and dealertool for resetting service intervals
Doesn't TuneECU reset the service interval? I thought it would do that also. Thanks for the information, I'm new to this stuff and not trying to be arrogant. Just looking for the most reliable way to service my bike without getting raped.

edit; well It was operator error. Once I got the date/time correct it was easy.

Last edited:
Doesn't TuneECU reset the service interval? I thought it would do that also. Thanks for the information, I'm new to this stuff and not trying to be arrogant. Just looking for the most reliable way to service my bike without getting raped.

edit; well It was operator error. Once I got the date/time correct it was easy.
tuneecu can not do service reset for rocket3R 2020+, if you want to work on your own bike then consider getting both tuneecu and dealertool.

tuneecu can not do service reset for rocket3R 2020+, if you want to work on your own bike then consider getting both tuneecu and dealertool.
I was able to do the service reminder wrench reset on my '21 Rocket 3GT with TuneECU for $30 USD. I initially had problem due to the incorrect time/date on my ecu. After correcting that it reset to my new service reminder of 5000 miles.

I was able to do the service reminder wrench reset on my '21 Rocket 3GT with TuneECU for $30 USD. I initially had problem due to the incorrect time/date on my ecu. After correcting that it reset to my new service reminder of 5000 miles.
Last i checked offical tuneecu website and it said not supported 'service interval reset' for rocket3R2020+

I'm having a love hate relationship with this new girl. I've got my riding position settled, adjusted the bars down as low as they would clear the tank, rotated the hand controls to fit, and got her a new breathable cover. She's mad and throwing new codes at me now. Always in pairs one seems to set off the other. I get a P16A2 IMU (inertia measurement unit) and a P1640 Roll-over detection disabled due to imu. Not sure if this is tied in with the abs, traction control or not. I read somewhere the recommendation was to check the imu plugs for tightness or shorts. So much joy in having a manic depressive bike. Guess I'll get her some Racing DOT4 for our one month anniversary.

Back