New bike weird issues

stingray

Nitrous
Ride
'21Rocket 3GT, '17 KTM 1290 SDGT, '04 Goldwing
2021 Rocket 3GT with less than 300 miles and I'm starting to see some odd things like turn signal malfunctions. Then the headlight is strobing. What is going on?? I pull the seat off and check the battery terminals. Yikes! They were just hand tight and looked to be arcing with lots of corrosion. I took everything apart and cleaned everything up and used dielectric grease on reassembly. Good and tight this time. Reset the clock and date. No more strobing headlight and the turn signal malfunctions have not reappeared. So far so good.

guys have troubles with turn signals
they have had to reflash ecu

guys have troubles with turn signals
they have had to reflash ecu
Seems like on a new bike I would have gotten the latest flash, or not. I rode 50 miles this morning and all was fine. It hasn't happened again after cleaning the battery terminals. I sure hope I don't start having problems. I've noticed the new Rockets have smaller turn signals. I wonder if the old larger bullet style were drawing too much power?

Seems like on a new bike I would have gotten the latest flash, or not. I rode 50 miles this morning and all was fine. It hasn't happened again after cleaning the battery terminals. I sure hope I don't start having problems. I've noticed the new Rockets have smaller turn signals. I wonder if the old larger bullet style were drawing too much power?
Bullet vs slim signals is based on market. The US seemed to be the only place that got the big round bullets, the slim signals were in ROW markets from day 1...

2021 Rocket 3GT with less than 300 miles and I'm starting to see some odd things like turn signal malfunctions. Then the headlight is strobing. What is going on?? I pull the seat off and check the battery terminals. Yikes! They were just hand tight and looked to be arcing with lots of corrosion. I took everything apart and cleaned everything up and used dielectric grease on reassembly. Good and tight this time. Reset the clock and date. No more strobing headlight and the turn signal malfunctions have not reappeared. So far so good.
I'm one who had turn signal (and other electronic warning lights) issues from the start. Your issues DO NOT sound like that. It appears your battery terminal problems are probably to blame and you've sorted all that out. I would say something to whomever you bought it from (dealer?). That should never happen, especially on a premium motorcycle. Shame on them for that. Maybe a complimentary 600 miles service is in order - Ha!

I'm one who had turn signal (and other electronic warning lights) issues from the start. Your issues DO NOT sound like that. It appears your battery terminal problems are probably to blame and you've sorted all that out. I would say something to whomever you bought it from (dealer?). That should never happen, especially on a premium motorcycle. Shame on them for that. Maybe a complimentary 600 miles service is in order - Ha!
I do believe you are right. When I got a chance to check tire pressures after leaving the dealer rear tire was at 28 psi and front was 31 psi. I don't believe it was even looked at before I picked it up.

hyyttrreewsdsgf,
I do believe you are right. When I got a chance to check tire pressures after leaving the dealer rear tire was at 28 psi and front was 31 psi. I don't believe it was even looked at before I picked it up.
Dealer prep? You were charged for it.:mad: I would throw a bi**h and let them know. What else did they not do? Have then go over it again.

hyyttrreewsdsgf,

Dealer prep? You were charged for it.:mad: I would throw a bi**h and let them know. What else did they not do? Have then go over it again.

Something like $600 yeah. I was a bit peeved. They didn't even wipe it down, grrrr. The forward controls weren't even set up for me, but I've moved them too. Manual says to carry it to the dealer. ???? lol why??? LOL

Then today at just after 300 miles I get this OCABS wrench saying to check the manual. Opps, I didn't bring it. Power off bike and it clears. I'm not even two weeks into this brand new scoot and it is already concerning me.

What the hell!!!

Today riding all was seemingly fine until I go to turn into my driveway. Rear Left Indicator Malfunction Check Manual, indicators blinking fast, problem wrench appeared on dash. Kill bike, turn off, turn on, alarm gone. :sick: Good grief, it's possessed.

Back