New...and tryin' to figure it out.

Just pix I've downloaded. Like I said that is Ken AKA Stripes. I've always liked the one where he towed his HD to the shop.

Yeah, that one there is for sure a CLASSIC!!!!
I did a little LOL upon seeing it!

Has your motor shipped out for Berlin yet?
Bet you be excited as I sure would be - perhaps even "wood" excited! :eek: :roll: :D

Yeah, that one there is for sure a CLASSIC!!!!
I did a little LOL upon seeing it!

Has your motor shipped out for Berlin yet?
Bet you be excited as I sure would be - perhaps even "wood" excited! :eek: :roll: :D
Yes, it got to Berlin today! Or yesterday since it's after midnight now.
I'll have to call Bob in the morning to see if I can fly out on the 17th as scheduled, or wait until my next days off.
You are correct in assuming that I'm excited. I've been having dreams of riding. I don't know if I'd survive until September.

Yes, it got to Berlin today! Or yesterday since it's after midnight now.
I'll have to call Bob in the morning to see if I can fly out on the 17th as scheduled, or wait until my next days off.
You are correct in assuming that I'm excited. I've been having dreams of riding. I don't know if I'd survive until September.

Sent PM

There is going to be more than enough umph in the R3T compared to FJR. Worst case scenario, reprogram the ECU to open loop and throw some aftermarket pipes on it.

@Rocket4me
My apologies for the hijack. :oops:
Sometimes I forget my manners. :(
Once again, WELCOME!
Get your butt on either model - you'll NOT be sorry! :thumbsup:

How do you go about the cat delete? I have emailed just about every US and UK parts dealer looking for a cat by-pass or decat box etc and no one has one for sale? I tried to get my dealer to do it but they said they can't touch it. They are happy to re-tune the bike once it is modified but can't sell me anything to remove replace it. I also have a 2015 model so maybe that is the difference??? I want my X to sound a little more aggressive just not HD annoying. I did just order the K&N filter kit that requires cutting of the bearclaw. I am told the "sucking sound" they will now create makes for a unique sound but still not a rumble.
If you go with the TORS exhaust for the newer model bikes, the Cat is already removed. The catson the dual pipe bikes is in the cans. TORS slip ons do not have the Cats built in and are a half larger inside diameter. The dealer can do this, at least mine did in Virginia and put in the TORS tune. This tune does not change the RPM limiter nor does it open up the exta poser that the Trip Tune will do. However, it does have a noticable power increase and only a slight sound increase. None of my neighbors have mentioned it bothering them.

If you are staying with OEM, then the TORs don't have the catbox in them. However, if you are in California then, IIRC, the dealers can't install them. They are easy to install though if you buy them from out of state. Don't get the dealer to install the tune for you. They may only install the OEM Triumph ones, which may not be the best for your purposes. If you don't have TuneECU (or TuneBoy) then get it. It will be the best investment you ever made for your Rocket.

Back