New...and tryin' to figure it out.

good choice, newer rocket. I've had a 2012 roadster which I crashed and burned. (long story). Now I own a 2008 tour. I wish I Still had the roadster. I am 6'2" and with the hiway bars and stock pegs I could get many different positions. Then your possible looking at getting some type of fairing. and I can't say enough about a Russel day long touring seat. your butt won't want to leave the bike. Ever. your choice of luggage is kind of limited but my roadster came with the soft bags and i rigged up a top box. (after market). things I didnt like about the roadster were the 240 back tire and the abs brakes. ( they may have played a part in my crash, (maybe) ). Ive had a few issue with the touring , but it is a older bike. don't know if this helps but welcome to the sight. I get much help from these fine gentlemen.

Need to validate something that the dealer mentioned yesterday. When we were talking about the differences between the Roadster and the Touring, he said that the cams were different and that pipe and mapping wasn't enough. Any validity in what he was saying?
Cams are the same in both bikes.
How do you go about the cat delete? I have emailed just about every US and UK parts dealer looking for a cat by-pass or decat box etc and no one has one for sale? I tried to get my dealer to do it but they said they can't touch it. They are happy to re-tune the bike once it is modified but can't sell me anything to remove replace it. I also have a 2015 model so maybe that is the difference??? I want my X to sound a little more aggressive just not HD annoying. I did just order the K&N filter kit that requires cutting of the bearclaw. I am told the "sucking sound" they will now create makes for a unique sound but still not a rumble.
The Rockets all have the same engine and transmissions. The mapping is different. Based on my research the exhaust systems on the Roadster and the touring are slightly difeerent but the cross overs are the same and empty by the way. The cats are in the mufflers in all the bikes. Dont waste money or time on finding a cat delete, replace the mufflers and add the Ramair kit or the K & N filters and retune the ECU. I am still working on getting this done as soon as i steal oh I mean but a cheap laptop for the Tune Ecu program. I have talked with a bunch of R3R and R3T owners and this seems to be the best way to go. I also took my exhaust off to examine the cross overs and the mufflers and the results are the cross over is indeed an empty useless tin box and the cats are in the mufflers.

Back