New 2019 Triumph Rocket 3R & GT

Like the GT but would wait a year or 2 before buying one, just to make sure all the bugs are worked out, the 130 mile range would be the main reason for me not to buy 0ne, same reason i never bought a new Vmax.
Looks like I’ll need an extra gas stop on a day ride.;)

The only piece of info I heard:
Transmission has "Torque assist ramps" i.e. back-cut gears.

I feel like Triumph watched the RIII aftermarket and modification stuff we were doing and lifted a lot of the changes we made over the years to improve the new bike. Actually a pretty nice thing of them to do. Can't wait to see pictures of the new gears and evaluate the actual new parts vs the marketing claims.

Not one, if you get 130 out of a tank, it means that you will more than likely will be stoping at 100 since you may not know where the next gas station is on the interestate
I would never drive that 100 miles on the interstate. Around here gas is easy to find. Now a trip out west would take some careful planning. It is a limitation for sure but I can manage it.

Also keep in mind we don't know mileage, which should improve, though it may not because of displacement.

33mpg is actually somewhat optimistic for an R3, where he got his 130 number. Most owners I've met personally and seen riding get about 28-30.

Also keep in mind we don't know mileage, which should improve, though it may not because of displacement.

33mpg is actually somewhat optimistic for an R3, where he got his 130 number. Most owners I've met personally and seen riding get about 28-30.
I get pretty close to 35 mpg on my bike so I would accept the 33 mpg as an average. If I fuel in my town and ride out to 130 miles then refuel I can get home and have a 260 day ride. That is average for us. I don't love the smaller tank but I can live with it. This is not a touring bike and if it did go out west i would trailer to a base camp and go out from there. I could do two or three day trips on this because my wife has an Indian Roadmaster and I could make her carry all my stuff. :D:D:D:D:D

Back