Needs some options/help

Custom filter cover
449F9B05-03F5-4AD8-BB4C-74B2610A460E.jpeg

If you get a chance would you post a pic showing it all done? Also, where did you buy the Unifilters?
Here you go. I also added Outerwear covers. Got them from Amazon "Uni Filter 2-stage Straight Pod Filter 76mm I.d. X 102mm Length". You could also get the same filter in 6" height for two bucks more.

Attachments

• uni1.jpeg
    uni1.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 3
  • uni2.jpeg
    uni2.jpeg
    252.3 KB · Views: 3
  • uni3.jpeg
    uni3.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 3
  • uni4.jpeg
    uni4.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 3
  • uni5.jpeg
    uni5.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 3
hey guys,
I am working on installing K&N RX-4010s on my Touring. If you could, check out the pic. I have only bought and mounted 1. You guys this it’s worth going for it? Looks? Also anyone think it’s worth it profomance wise? Also not really sure what I will do with my claw. May buy a new one and try cutting it. Anyway what you guys think?
Thanks!

I think it will look good and know it will perform muuucchh better.

Taking in the consideration that the touring tank and bear claw is much difference from the standard/roadster R3s you'll have to do some customizing.

Can you turn them slightly towards the front of the bike giving you more room for your knee?

That's the only issue I see.

I like the K&Ns much better than the cheap looking fire attracting foam RamAir junk.

I'm not sold on the RamAirs filtering performance either.

Try to avoid that if all is possible.

I think it will look good and know it will perform muuucchh better.

Taking in the consideration that the touring tank and bear claw is much difference from the standard/roadster R3s you'll have to do some customizing.

Can you turn them slightly towards the front of the bike giving you more room for your knee?

That's the only issue I see.

I like the K&Ns much better than the cheap looking fire attracting foam RamAir junk.

I'm not sold on the RamAirs filtering performance either.

Try to avoid that if all is possible.
Thanks @mully95 And ya I like the look of K$N way better. As of now I'm needing to add a 45 offset and I'm going ti turn them forward as much as possible. Will post pics as soon as the other 2 are delivered.

Here you go. I also added Outerwear covers. Got them from Amazon "Uni Filter 2-stage Straight Pod Filter 76mm I.d. X 102mm Length". You could also get the same filter in 6" height for two bucks more.

They look great!...thank you.:) Now after looking at them I know I won't need the ones that are at a 15 degree angle as you seem to have been able to bend yours up perfectly. I think your length is perfect too. Six inches IMHO starts to look a bit obnoxious.

I still have some work to do on the claw... But this is where I'm at. What you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_1313.JPG
    IMG_1313.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1316.JPG
    IMG_1316.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1319.JPG
    IMG_1319.JPG
    263.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1323.JPG
    IMG_1323.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 3
Hi Skanska

On my R3 std I did this, took some jimmying with angles and some tubing to adapt but was happy with result, just left the claw off every bend is a different length and needs to be cut on a different height (same angle though) , found out the hard way.
However, as WyldCFH says, you cannot use your knees to grab the tank. I'm not a good enough rider to get the benefit out of the additional airflow just like the look.

Looks like your already have the smaller K&N's on your bike.
002.jpg

20170502_122202.jpg

I love the look of your bike with the three AC showing on the blue tubes.

Back