Needing to sell my Rocket :-(

Phil R

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Classic
Due to medical bills, I'm needing to sell my Fat Bottomed Girl. She's a blue and silver 2008 Classic with Jardines (with corrected tune) the tuning cable, GIpro ATRE, I have the Eastern Beaver harness but haven't installed it yet, and gel seats for rider and pillion. Passenger floorboards, sissy bar with luggage rack and highway pegs installed. Paint is clean but the windshield has a small crack.

Also, she is darkside with a Rikon Raptor.

What do you think that I could sell this bike for? Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Gotta say if I had to make the choice between paying bills and keeping the bike to outrun the debt collectors… I'd have to sleep on it.

How many miles on her?

I'm just gonna pull a number out of thin air… assuming you're looking to get it sold quickly… $5,000-6,000. Nothing authoritative, just a guess from what little I know.

I seem to recall an older one selling recently on the east coast for $5k, with some really nice bags, and it was on the market something like a year with multiple price reductions. It may have had fewer miles too. Just depends so much on finding the right buyer.

For what it's worth, you don't get much for mods and accessories, and being nine years old with 40k, I'd emphasize the maintenance history and reliability. That's what people are going to be concerned about.

Back