need new HARDCORE shifter...

Reaper948

.040 Over
Just got off a 100mi run and again 3rd time I've broke. The stock shifter.does anyone know where I can buy a shifter that's a little more strong? Or more built for aggressive shifting? I need this guys. I had to hobble home 20 mi from my house in 3rd gear. And use my hand to downshift so I could at least make it trough traffic lights in 2nd gear. Please help:eek:

Native1 from the .com site has a shifter from an o4 speed triple on his. That's one of those, I think thats what he has. Saw it and looked great, no linkage, just a straight up shifter lever.

I think you need to have two of what ever it is that you are breaking. It may be the weak link, but is on the outside of the transmission. If you beef up the linkage, you may start breaking something else next on the inside.

Breaking a shifter????? **** man, a nearly thousand pound bike fell over and it bent .... you have feet that break shifters? ****, does Guiness know about those hooves? lol

hey Lonzol

i gotta know, what type of honda is your shift lever from? i have huge feet and they don't fit on the floorboard for the left side because of the one piece shifter lever that has the heel/toe combination. i can just imagine putting on the reading glasses and marking one spline and then going around the shaft to count splines to get the right spline count for the shifter shaft. hey duncan is just southwest of me, i live half hour south of muskogee on the edge of lake eufaula. hi neighbor.

I have no idea what im doing to break it -- it's actually the threaded screw that goes from the ball joint to the swivel arm --- you know what? Im gonna take a picture...

EMWOLB:
That shifter is from one of the larger Hondas, a 2008 CRF100F LOL!!!

I think it cost about $35 with the bolt and the rubber boot included. I'm sure it isn't as strong as the stock shifter but it is more positive.

Actually if you had larger feet than mine (size 10), it would be better. As you can see in the picture, I had to cant my shifter down somewhat and the shifter feels like it is crawling back under you foot slightly on downshifts, nothing big just takes some getting used to. Upshifts feel great.

If you had larger feet and therefore had the shifter more level it would be even better.

The reason I went with that set-up is because when I installed the Classic boards on my Standard, I didn't like the heel shifter at all, it prevented me from having another location to rest my foot. The shifter off of my peg rails never felt right either so this is what I ended up with.

Hope this helps and howdy neighbor!

Lonnie

Back