need new HARDCORE shifter...

EMWOLB:
That shifter is from one of the larger Hondas, a 2008 CRF100F LOL!!!

I think it cost about $35 with the bolt and the rubber boot included. I'm sure it isn't as strong as the stock shifter but it is more positive.

Actually if you had larger feet than mine (size 10), it would be better. As you can see in the picture, I had to cant my shifter down somewhat and the shifter feels like it is crawling back under you foot slightly on downshifts, nothing big just takes some getting used to. Upshifts feel great.

If you had larger feet and therefore had the shifter more level it would be even better.

The reason I went with that set-up is because when I installed the Classic boards on my Standard, I didn't like the heel shifter at all, it prevented me from having another location to rest my foot. The shifter off of my peg rails never felt right either so this is what I ended up with.

Hope this helps and howdy neighbor!

Lonnie

Same reason here. I put boards on my Std but hated the heel-toe so I went the route that Native1 did. Found a shifter on fleabay for a Speed Four. Works great.

I'm 250. Used to squat 600. 6-5 and sz 13 foot. You think a shifter is going to withstand my downshifts at 100 for too long?? Lol. I found an OEM site where I can buy a couple of those shift thingies for 20 bucks a pop. Maybe ill get 2 ....:D. I can't ride with floor boards. I already scrape my boots.....

WOW!!!! I really like that! Allows the front of the foot to be on the board but still enough sticking out to catch the lever!!!! New mod maybe???? :rolleyes:

mutt

I'll PM Native1 in a few minutes and ask him to measure the length of the shifter. I also have pegs and wanting to do this mod.

Sorry TC, my bad. From the pics it does look about the same distance from the peg as the standard shifter so I assumed it measured up, but good to check. I'd be interested too. I've had the little ball joint in the std shifter linkage unscrew itself completely 3 times in 10 months (once almost disasterously). Each time it came out, neutral had been hard to find for a while, but I hadn't made that connection until the third time.

My gear levers bent after a very undignified fall while stopped at Lorne fully loaded for travel.There was no hope of saving it once it started to fall. Worse still was i ripped the fork in my plastic waterproof pants. Attempts to repair it with 100 mile-an -hour tape left me looking like Black Adder in his codpiece. ha ha !!!!

Back