Ugh! Hi guys, still need some major work done.

MiamiDave

Supercharged
Ugh! Hi guys, still need some major work done. I left my Rock too long with bad fuel, and the fuel system and tank are shot. I am also wondering if it needs a general rebuild--someone to re-inject life into her--maybe tear her down and upgrade too. Are there any turnkey 2.5s with six speeds all ready built and just need the old stuff as core? I been gone so long, don't know where to turn...

Anyway, looking for that guy/company who is capable of such work. Currently in El Paso TX, so if near here, cool. But moving back to Miami FL, so if someone in Florida, that works too.

Any suggestions for shops that can bring the beast back to life?

Be safe!

MD

I tip my hat to you, kind sir - Joined 2005.

Might you be more specific ? Photos of the bike as she now sits ?

When did it last run, and how was it running then (did you shut it down with problems) ?

What are your goals ?

Almost anything is possible with time and money.

I changed out the cams on my bike for not much money, but a whole lot of time invested by a number of the members here.

I'm aware of others who shipped their bikes around the country to have this and that done in return for a suitcase of cash.

With a bike of that age, replacing the soft parts might be a good start (vacuum lines, maybe water hoses). Check all the fuses, and as we all know, Rockets demand a battery in excellent condition and charge.

And you know we love photos as you go along.

All the best.

Just a note:
My 2008 sat for 4 years on a tender, started every few months but never ridden.
The clutch fiber and steel rings fused together.
Engine running, pull the clutch, put in 1st and the tire rotated with the clutch in.
Easy enough to check without starting. Put in gear, pull in clutch and see if it free wheels.
Good luck on the rework.

Essentially I am trying to find out where the R3 engine tuners are. When last I looked they were only in Australia, LOL. I am moving the bike from Texas to Florida, so if onbe is closer to Texas, I'd leave it here for the work. If in Florida, I would take her there.

So there are no known tuners, etc. for our bikes? Where are people going for repairs/rebuilds and mods? :confused:

Where exactly are you in Texas and where are you moving to in Florida? That might get a response.

I think most people are using TuneECU or PowerCommander and finding a map matching their mods from the Resources tab above or on the TuneECU site and then taking it to a local Dyno shop for fine tuning if needed.

I’m running donated tunes on both my bikes and they are running so well I don’t see how spending $500 for tweaking them would improve things.

Back