Need a good tune for my 2018 rocket 3

James Wildman

Standard Bore
Ride
2018 Rocket 3 roadster
Just installed my Ramair air filter as well as an extremeblaster tuneable exhaust on my rocket 3 roadster. It's running really rich as I can smell gas while I'm riding and the gas gauge doesn't work anymore. The gas light will come on when it has low fuel but the gas gauge reads zero and there are no bars even when the tank is full. Everything is hooked back up. So I have no idea why it's not working. Aside from that, it runs fine. I just bought a PCV but there are no tunes for what I have installed on the PCV website. So I'm looking for a good map to install on my bike. Suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

First welcome to the site, as to the gauge, normally comes back after you have ridden a few k's. surprised that it is running rich as with the ramair and the already lean Triumph tune it should be even leaner. Do a search on here for tune resources

First welcome to the site, as to the gauge, normally comes back after you have ridden a few k's. surprised that it is running rich as with the ramair and the already lean Triumph tune it should be even leaner. Do a search on here for tune resources

I've been riding it for a couple of weeks now. Before It would do what you said.I'd fill it up and after a couple of miles it would auto-populate back to full. Now it does not. I have no idea where the gas smell is coming from either.

As for the fuel smell, check your fuel tank vent/overflow lines and vacuum lines on the throttle bodies/air canister to make sure all are connected. If you fill the tank above the baffle, you will get some overflow which could also give you the fuel smell. As mentioned, go to the Resources tab above and download the "Hans0 tune for 2014+ Roadster, TORs, triple/Ramair filters, ect." tune. Before you download the Hans tune save your current tune first and follow the steps for the download and adaptive reset procedures on the Tune ECU site. That should get you close. The PCV needs to have all zeros in the fuel and trim maps and you will need an Autotune module (or better a yet dyno tune) to trim out the PCV for your bike. The new Hanso tune may also cure your fuel gauge problem and getting into the ECU allows you to check for stored/pending fault codes for the fuel gauge.

Thank you for your reply. How do I transfer .hex files from the map list in the resources tab to my powercommander V application?

As leatal said a good dyno tune is the best solution, next bet the Auto tune. Did you use TuneEcu already to make changes? Have you tuned the exhaust? Adding or removing disc can change the exhaust flow. If the fuel gauge problem is unrelated to the work you have done it sounds like it should be a warranty item.

Rick

Back