My Unexpurgated Amatuer Review of the 2020 GT

I will be taking him up on that soon (with my own gear).
DON'T DO IT!!!.....IT'S A TRICK!!!!....i rode one and "POOF!!"...i wanted one!
My Black GT (now)....gets here sometime in the next few months!???...was mid march but been moved back till may/june...
It's like waiting for that special girl to ring back when you were young and very horny..."oh she's out right now, i'll get her to call you"....so, you wait and wait and wait.....

Neither of them are sold so I could buy either tomorrow. After having owned 2 Rockets my dealer knows I’m an easy mark. However, my wife would break my legs.
Took me a while to figure that out. I could use about 2” more pullback on the GT bars, having shrunk below 5’9”. It’s really a beautiful bike. I turned on the motor in the show room. It was subdued to say the least.

I thought they sounded pretty nice. Not loud but a nice tone and you could tell it was a big motor.

I have a bit of an addendum to my original post. I am thinking that unless I am really wanting to play I am going to leave the GT in either the rain mode or the road mode. Any blip on the throttle in sport or rider mode and the forward thrust is immediate and almost violent. So at the end of a long ride or first thing out of the chute if one is not paying very close attention (yes I know constant vigilance should be paid) it could bite you. Just my plan of attack, a little extra insurance.

Something else I have noticed, and I would like the opinion of other 2020 riders, the clutch does not even start to engage until almost the end of the clutch handle travel. The manual and my dealership say this is not adjustable. I am getting used to it but my preference would be for the clutch to start engaging at the beginning of the handles travel instead of the end. Let me know what you think.

@Azisbest I did not ride but 25 minutes on each new bike for my demo rides, but I did not seem to notice your clutch issue. On both of the bikes I rode here the clutch friction zone felt to begin right as I pulled the lever. I did several slow turns in the parking lot and found the bike to behave wonderfully at the slowest speed I could get it. The pull is easier than my 2014 but seems to come on in the same general area of the pull.
I agree about the vigilance on the instant power hit one can receive when twisting a little too far. It challenged my maturity greatly.

@Azisbest I did not ride but 25 minutes on each new bike for my demo rides, but I did not seem to notice your clutch issue. On both of the bikes I rode here the clutch friction zone felt to begin right as I pulled the lever. I did several slow turns in the parking lot and found the bike to behave wonderfully at the slowest speed I could get it. The pull is easier than my 2014 but seems to come on in the same general area of the pull.
I agree about the vigilance on the instant power hit one can receive when twisting a little too far. It challenged my maturity greatly.

I worded my post poorly it does, as you correctly pointed out, start engaging instantly when you pull the lever. What I meant was that when the lever is being held touching the grip it does not hit the friction zone until almost fully released. I would prefer the friction zone to be in the middle of the lever throw or as soon as the lever starts leaving the grip. And you are also correct about slow speed handling, a world of improvement over the previous iterations of the Rocket.

Back