Ride
2006 Rocket 3, 2015 Victory Cross Country
New battery
New starter relay
Complete new starter
Cleaned the handlebar starter button contact
Duel battery cables
New heavier connections at the starter relay

The starter has been working good until a while back and the clicking started again. I would take the solenoid out and clean it and the starter would work again for a while until
the next time. Last time no matter it would just click. I replaced the starter so it's all new except for the nose cone/gear reduction. Now it clicks a 1/2 dozen times and will start.

Maybe the relay is going bad even thought it's new? Seems like a relay problem.

The solenoid clicks like crazy but it almost seems like it doesn't have enough power to overcome the Bendix spring.

Above my pay grade, but good luck. I had a bad coil a few years ago, took me 2 years to figure it out.

Started having the same problem . Took all connects off battery sanded them clean , removed connections to starter & ground to engine & did the same . Haven't had a problem in 3wks .
I've done that with everything being new, I also added star washers to the battery, starter positive and ground to engine block.

Does anyone happen to know the part number for the starter relay for a 2006 Classic? Cheap and a know cause for problems even though mine is only just over year new.

The relay in the bike is 4RD 933 332-05 but no T number and for the life of me I can't remember where I bought it.

I put the old solenoid plunger in the new starter and it started six times in a row and number seven after I let everything get hot. I cut down the new plunger because it was way long and today when I removed it the length is about 1/16" inch longer than the old one. I wonder if the Bendix is bottoming out right as the copper washer is making contact.

Back