Toystoretom

Living Legend
One of a kind Rivco Rack:

Simply weld in 4 1/2 inches of steel plate and get yer torch out and screw with it for about 3 hours until you get the curve right and get everything to line up and be square. :D

Waste of money

These don't do a darn thing for me. I think the Fleetliner does it all and these just mess things up. I'll hold judgement for awhile, maybe they do more than I think...

Plus... one of the stainless button head screws galled in the nut and is now frozen. Triumph uses some sort of bizzare locktite and it obviously didn't help it from galling. Hmmmm. I guess it won't come loose, will it?:mad:

I could put sheepskin in the Buuuu- ick... :D

You could park that Buick outside and let the birds nest in the portholes......:)

Where in the heck are the stock wheels??

Tomo, I don't believe Triumph uses any threadlocker on the machine screws on the lowers. If you look closely at the stainless fasteners they are galled a bit between the major diameter and the thread root. I'm thinking that galling is locking the fastener in the nut. Mine screwed in rather poorly and I didn't see any evidence of threadlocker.

Last edited:
One of the nuts galled the first time I put the lowers on, piece of shmit!

I felt it would be best to pick up some "good" hardware if these were to on & off numerous times. It's worth it, believe me. Eventually they all will give you problems.

See ya.

Mine had threadlocker painted on all of them. I think those nuts are crimp nuts also. I stopped in at my local hardware store (the good one that actually carries stuff, not the big chain that sells hardware bling) and they only had button head screws that were a mat black finish, no chrome or stainless. I may switch them all out to black, but I'll have to grind the galled one off.

Back