I do like the bar-ender mirrors for their extreme outboard location which must provide a superior view.
The look and increased OAW (overall width) is difficult to get around for me.

You can flip them inwards, so they are over your hands. It's how I use mine and they work brilliantly, adding no overall width to the bike. The only problem arises when you change gloves, some are thicker than others at the knuckles so you may need to adjust them.

The Rizoma bar end are R O C K steady, no amount of speed is going to fold them in.

That reversing option sounds good to me, but not being able to just lift your hands up and over onto the bars would take some getting used to.

Do they tighten up onto the triumph bar ends or do you have to change them to different ones

They tighten up to what you have. The mirrors are sold separately from the mounting hardware. The hardware kit has various mounting options. The mirrors are expensive but they had everything I wanted. I'll get the part numbers later on when I get a chance.

That reversing option sounds good to me, but not being able to just lift your hands up and over onto the bars would take some getting used to.

The mirrors are situated forward and one would really have to stretch out to even get close to hitting ones hand on the mirrors.

The mirrors are situated forward and one would really have to stretch out to even get close to hitting ones hand on the mirrors.

Just to be clear:
The mirror mounts are forward enough that raising hands up and over the bar ends will not be impeded?

I had to twist mine outboard to accommodate my full gauntlet gloves, knuckle protection is too tall. With normal street gloves, they work fine, but yes I cant lift my hands straight up off the grips as the mirrors were there.

I never really had an issue with it, as my bars are positioned in a way, that straight up off them isn't a natural movement to take the hands off the grip, stock bars might change that movement.

Just to be clear:
The mirror mounts are forward enough that raising hands up and over the bar ends will not be impeded?

Well I guess someone could have trouble. I don't... even with gauntlet gloves I wear all the time. There is nothing wrote in stone with these mirrors. They have so many different adjustments. People do have different hand sizes and body mass. If I weighed 350 lbs and hands of a gorilla I would have trouble.

Well I guess someone could have trouble. I don't... even with gauntlet gloves I wear all the time. There is nothing wrote in stone with these mirrors. They have so many different adjustments. People do have different hand sizes and body mass. If I weighed 350 lbs and hands of a gorilla I would have trouble.

Well $hit!
I'm OUT! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Back