Mirror mounting help ???

Jan Udholm

.020 Over
Help needed.
I would like to change my Triumph mirrors, with some other design.....but I couldent find any threads on the bike for mounting.
Now I understand why my OEM mirrors can´t be fixed to the bike,
so they wount move under high speed.

How do I get "aftermarket" mirrors on the bike ?

thank you
Jan

Actually, you can fix the stockers. Bring the stock mirror stalk to a good hardward store with a big selection of nuts an bolts. Find a pair of stainless 6mm hex head bolts the same length as the stock allen head bolt. The trick is to get two flat stainless washers per side that will just fit aroud the bottom of the mirror stalk as it protrudes thru the handlebar. This is why it won't tighten and swivels at high speed; the stalk sticks out the bottom a little.
It's tricky to do. Tighten the stalk into the hole to seat it and then remove the bolt. Slip these washers over the stalk nub sticking out. Then use a few more wider stainless washers on top of these and tighten your stronger stainless bolt good and snug. The stock allen head bolt is a piece of crap and will snap off if tightened too hard. I know this sounds flakey but it works. Mine have remained solid up to 130 mph, no swivel.

Help needed.
I would like to change my Triumph mirrors, with some other design.....but I couldent find any threads on the bike for mounting.
Now I understand why my OEM mirrors can´t be fixed to the bike,
so they wount move under high speed.

How do I get "aftermarket" mirrors on the bike ?

thank you
Jan

here's one solution:

Mirror Adapter Kit for the New Triumph Rocket III

John

loose mirrors a nuther quick fix

the stems are just exactly right when it is new but after a few miles, months or movements they loosen up
to keep the originals simply install an O ring on the top side of the post reinstall and tighten to specs ;) KISS is the motto Keep It Simple Stupid sometimes Im not smart enough for it...

I still am not quite sure about the adapters and metric cruisers vs Harley. I have seen the kit on newr3.com. But I also found this one Mirror Adapters - British Customs or British Customs Triumph Mirror Adapters - British Customs they seem to work two totally different ways. I cannot run out to my garage to check, since I am in Nigeria. Can some one explain the difference please? It's gets boring here, so we order bling, but there is a big price difference between these two?

I just pulled out the stock bushings and ran the bolt they came with up through the hole into the mirrors. Didn't need any adapters or mods. The mirrors are billet kuryakin (whatever) convex with turn signals built in. They don't swivel at the base this way, but they don't need to for my use.

Back