Mirror extenders - anyone use them?

Stillserving

LET'S GO BRANDON
Ride
86' Magna, 2017 R3R
So, awhile back I switched from the stock Mickey Mouse mirrors over to a pair of the Triumph ovals. I LOVE the look, but haven't quite gotten used to/adapted to the small loss in FOV. The mirror itself is bigger and gives a wider view....except they don't reach out as far as the stock ones and I end up seeing more of my shoulder/elbows and have to do the chicken wing in order to get a better view of what's right behind me. I've been thinking about some small mirror extenders that bolt into the original hole and then relocate the mirror mount a few inches farther out. Anybody else try these and have any comments/reviews?

I've added extenders to all my bikes. They are a PITA though - different brands -- all have the same approach -- and all of them come loose and have to be retightened.

So, awhile back I switched from the stock Mickey Mouse mirrors over to a pair of the Triumph ovals. I LOVE the look, but haven't quite gotten used to/adapted to the small loss in FOV. The mirror itself is bigger and gives a wider view....except they don't reach out as far as the stock ones and I end up seeing more of my shoulder/elbows and have to do the chicken wing in order to get a better view of what's right behind me. I've been thinking about some small mirror extenders that bolt into the original hole and then relocate the mirror mount a few inches farther out. Anybody else try these and have any comments/reviews?
I have the Triumph ovals and after time they do not stay in place when you hit it hard. Looking to replace.

If your factory Triumph accessory mirrors get loose you can fix rather than throw away.

The mirror lenses are glued on with 3 or 4 dabs of hot glue, so a good hairdryer and a thin (non-stainless) knife blade will remove mirror and expose the loose swivel joint that may be mis-fitted at factory or loosened. A fix is possible to restore to full health as @ozrider did to a pair of his.

You can actually replace the mirror lenses too if you are careful when removing (heat evenly and thoroughly), and then simply reglue them.
I have replaced the mirror glass on my last set of mirrors, just did a pattern of the shape and took it to a glass shop and they cut them to suit.

here is the inside of the mirror head,it was loose and you can see one of the mount points was peened over to tight and pulled through the clamp, I drilled and tapped it and put a buttonhead capscrew in to hold it in place and put tension on mounting ball.

Mirror head R3.jpg

Back