Maybe a new Roadster

JMichael

.020 Over
I was pretty sure I wanted to buy back my 2005 Rocket, but after reading the thread about the cam chain sprockets on the early models and a few other short comings, we are talking about a new Roadster. I'm not a fan of Black, but all the other improvements are pushing me past the color option. The ABS brakes is a big consideration, the reworked rear shocks is very significant and zero miles on the odometer is looking real good too. I'm not sure about the mid location of the rider pegs, I liked the pegs on the 05, but I will run a engine crash bars with highway pegs and that will allow me to stretch out on the long runs. We will probably put the Corbin Beatle bags on, the touring seat, high sissy bar, touring windscreen and rider backrest. That should get me close to where my 05 sat.

..yes, do it...ABS is a good thing on these rear wheel lock up prone Rockets..congrats..

I think that has alot to do with the jockey I don't have a problem with my rear wheel locking . Think I did it a couple of times when I first bought it but I soon got familiar with the bikes characteristics .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to agree with Mitch I blame the rear lock up on the rider also remember 75 to 80% of your braking comes from the front brake.
(going darkside helps tooooooo)
I have also thought about a new Roadster but I do not like the colour choice why Triumph had to copy Henry Ford is beyond me.:D
The exhaust system would have to go also it is the **** **** **** I have ever seen on a bike I was not a fan of the std exhaust I had that thing replaced in the first 1000 miles.
My 2005 has been so reliable i am a wee bit scared to sell it 57000 trouble free miles it has been the most reliable bike I have ever had.:D

go for one of the new Phantom haze colors to break the black up a wee bit. As for the rear lock I agree with most of what has been said. Mine locked up at 80 mph but not due to the brakes. It was the inner clutch hub that grenaded and lock the drive line up tranny and all, It bent the input shat to the tranny and drug a flat spot on the tire down into the steel belt. It was a chore keeping her straight and not laying her down whist searching for a spot to punch out if it was not going to stay upright.

That being said if in my opinion if I had a boat anchor car tire on it. I would be dead and the bike would look like Nitebells.

You should see the S shaped drag marks going down the road for almost 100 yards. I was a bit worried as I surely thought I would not be able to keep her upright. My buddy noticed the skid marks getting closer to the side of the road wich is were I was headed. I spotted two yards with minimal Oak trees to dodge, which if I had to punch out I selected the yards over the ditch.

Now I am not saying run a car tire nor am I saying do not.
If you want to play Russian Roulette, its your choice of how many rounds you want in the gun.

I think that has alot to do with the jockey I don't have a problem with my rear wheel locking . Think I did it a couple of times when I first bought it but I soon got familiar with the bikes characteristics .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here Mitch. Just needed to work out how much pressure it could take in different situations. I haven't locked the rear in over a year - and I wore the rear pads down to nothing :eek: so I do use it. These bikes are no more prone to rear lock-up than any other. It's all down to the rider.

I've considered the Roadster and would have to swap peg bars and exhaust. Disable the rear anti-lock. Spinning the rear and then locking it up is called a system check.:D I'm 10,000 behind you Scot on this one, but 10 ahead on the model, with one upgrade kit.:rolleyes:

I'm glad you made it back as well Dennis. Not thinking of going back again already are you?? I keep busy looking for rain but me and Scot couldn't find any.:( Now that you are back that shouldn't be any problem ;).

Back