Master Ignition Switch - 2.5L

Mark Zimmerman

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3R
Is there any particular reason to turn the Master Ignition Switch to "off" when not operating? I assume it might save the battery from discharging but I've installed a pigtail directly to the battery allowing me to have a trickle charger working if there will be extended periods of non-use.

Is there any particular reason to turn the Master Ignition Switch to "off" when not operating? I assume it might save the battery from discharging but I've installed a pigtail directly to the battery allowing me to have a trickle charger working if there will be extended periods of non-use.
Let a buddy of mine take it for a ride and forgot to give him the fob. He was able to ride off without it. Believe if you have the master turned off, cannot start with out fob, but can be started if left on without fob. I will have to double check the latter in the morning

The fob has one simple function, to allow you to turn the electrics on.

Once they're on, you can throw the fob at a passing dog if you wish.

The electrics STAY on until you turn them off, either at the handlebar or (for 'merricans) at the master switch.

After that, nobody goes nowhere without the fob to turn it on again.

I'm not a 2.5 owner, but I would always turn off the master switch when not using the bike. Lets say it is similar to turning off the fuel petcock on bikes that use carburetors like my 1998 TBS.

I'm not a 2.5 owner, but I would always turn off the master switch when not using the bike. Lets say it is similar to turning off the fuel petcock on bikes that use carburetors like my 1998 TBS.
It's interesting that this switch is only there for the US and Canada markets, we don't have it in the UK at all, so it seems rather a requirement than a function as such.

That's just something they put in the manual.

There is no Master Switch on my 2020 R3GT and I live in Canada.

From what I can tell, the only major difference between the UK and the North American bikes is the turn indicators. We got the big round ones, rest of world got the slim versions. Both are LED.

From what I can tell, the only major difference between the UK and the North American bikes is the turn indicators. We got the big round ones, rest of world got the slim versions. Both are LED.
It's on my R3R...

Man, do I want those euro turn signals so badly. I preordered my R as the biggest purchase I’ve ever made and was honestly surprised and disappointed to see the big lollipops stuck all around my bike.

Back