Hey guys I know it has been a year. My front brakes have become somewhat spongy and I've changed brake fluid and pads. I think it is time to rehab the master cylinder too.

How did this project turn out ?

What kit did you purchase for the job ?

I bought my kit from Tourmax , around £30gbp . I found the job much easier by using a vacuum blender and using the bleed on the furthest caliper, and the lid off the cylinder , drew just enough fluid to empty the cylinder but not the entire line . Cable tie the line to the bars so it remains upright and more or less full . When working on the cylinder , use a good quality long reach circlip plier to dismantle and reassemble and wash the new parts with clean brake fluid . The install is straight forward , then reattach the line , refill and bleed as normal . This method worked fine with my ABS and will transform the feel at the lever ! :thumbsup:

I bought my kit from Tourmax , around £30gbp . I found the job much easier by using a vacuum blender and using the bleed on the furthest caliper, and the lid off the cylinder , drew just enough fluid to empty the cylinder but not the entire line . Cable tie the line to the bars so it remains upright and more or less full . When working on the cylinder , use a good quality long reach circlip plier to dismantle and reassemble and wash the new parts with clean brake fluid . The install is straight forward , then reattach the line , refill and bleed as normal . This method worked fine with my ABS and will transform the feel at the lever ! :thumbsup:
Bleeder, not blender . Bloody predictatext ! :banghead:

Back