Frank , been there done that ! It's not a bad job to do and will certainly transform your brakes . Easier if you clamp the assembly in a soft jawed vice and have plenty of overhead light . The circlip is a way down the tunnel, but no more than other bikes .
Use a pair of good quality 90 degree long reach circlip pliers . Clean the area first with brake cleaner and compressed air to prevent any crud falling into the barrel . With a decent quality tool you will wonder what you were worrying about ! Don't forget to wash the new plunger assembly in clean brake fluid before you fit it . I would day good luck , but I know you won't need any ! :thumbsup:

Frank , been there done that ! It's not a bad job to do and will certainly transform your brakes . Easier if you clamp the assembly in a soft jawed vice and have plenty of overhead light . The circlip is a way down the tunnel, but no more than other bikes .
Use a pair of good quality 90 degree long reach circlip pliers . Clean the area first with brake cleaner and compressed air to prevent any crud falling into the barrel . With a decent quality tool you will wonder what you were worrying about ! Don't forget to wash the new plunger assembly in clean brake fluid before you fit it . I would day good luck , but I know you won't need any ! :thumbsup:

Thanks Nat, that's the sort of advice I was looking for......cherry fritters my a** :p:D

Back