laraza

Turbocharged
Ride
09 R3 Classic
so, I've got a front master cylinder rebuild kit but have heard a few people on FB say that there is a circlip that needs to be removed which is a pain in the a** to get to.

Has anyone encountered this and do you have any tips to make the removal easier?

Thanks in advance

Why rebuild? If my brakes get spongy and a lot of leaver travel - I just push the brake pistons all the way in to the bottom (After i have cracked the bleeder so the fluid has somewhere to go) then do a fluid change and pump the leaver up and the pistons back out to the disc - Dont pump the brakes up until the caliper is refitted with the pads in......
I did this just yesterday on my 2005 Turbo R3.

Tried that and it only improved the feel for a short time, rebuild kit was cheap so thought I'd have a go at that to see if it solves it then heard about the circlip :confused:

I have seen M/C's with a tiny keeper clip. Usually though they are a very weak thing and with the correct parallel pin punch and a short sharp thump it comes out with the old plunger. What parts are in the rebuild kit?

s-l640.jpg

Back