Mass shooting in Christchurch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sonny we have had wall to wall press on this event.

But they did block Sky news Australia in NZ as the for some fxxxed up reason they thought it was good to play the video the mad man live Streamed as he went on his rampage.

Still seems unreal.

One of the WELDERS from work had taken the day off sick on Friday as he was not given time off to go to the mosque, he was one of the lucky ones who survived the shooting even though he was at the place.

You (I) just didn't know how close this event came effecting my work place in a bad way.

Was listening to a summary of the shooter's manifesto, reportedly about 70 pages. He described himself as originally a Marxist, then a libertarian and presently an eco-Fascist. There was another one but can't recall.

He stated that he chose a firearm to commit the murders in order to start a civil war in the US, holding the belief that the left would try to restrict gun ownership and sieze firearms while gun owners would shoot those who try to sieze them. Most admired country is China. He hates Conservatives.

Two recent bits of news are that NZ's prime minister intends to tighten firearms laws while there is a spike in gun purchases by citizens who fear their gun rights will be restricted. "Rights" could be a term chosen my the journalists. It is my understanding that, unlike the US, there is no inherent right to own firearms, that it is rather permission, tightly controlled, given by the government in all of the Commonwealth nations. Would one of our NZ forum members please clarify if there is any right to own firearms embodied in law or constitution.

You may have to Google to get a clear answer on the rights...we must be licenced which is a long drawn out affair on its own...

Was listening to a summary of the shooter's manifesto, reportedly about 70 pages. He described himself as originally a Marxist, then a libertarian and presently an eco-Fascist. There was another one but can't recall.

He stated that he chose a firearm to commit the murders in order to start a civil war in the US, holding the belief that the left would try to restrict gun ownership and sieze firearms while gun owners would shoot those who try to sieze them. Most admired country is China. He hates Conservatives.

Two recent bits of news are that NZ's prime minister intends to tighten firearms laws while there is a spike in gun purchases by citizens who fear their gun rights will be restricted. "Rights" could be a term chosen my the journalists. It is my understanding that, unlike the US, there is no inherent right to own firearms, that it is rather permission, tightly controlled, given by the government in all of the Commonwealth nations. Would one of our NZ forum members please clarify if there is any right to own firearms embodied in law or constitution.

Muddied thinking, muddied mind, that racist shooter fck.

A huge collective feeling of sympathy towards New Zealand after this terrorist attack.

The shooters lawyer has stated that his client is very lucid and aware of what is going on..in fact the shooter is now going to represent himself as he dosn't require a lawyer he says....I hope it's a closed court.

The shooters lawyer has stated that his client is very lucid and aware of what is going on..in fact the shooter is now going to represent himself as he dosn't require a lawyer he says....I hope it's a closed court.
Yup, don't give the scrotebag a platform.

You may have to Google to get a clear answer on the rights...we must be licenced which is a long drawn out affair on its own...

I understand your laws and restriction but was wondering if NZ had a constitutionally based' or foundational "right" with regard to firearms ownership. Also I am aware of UK's history and laws, with no written Constitution but one based on "body of law". I'll go to a legal source to satisfy my curiousity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back