making due, can't afford a fairing , BUT

Whats a redneck? I have a need, don't always have money so like my daddy taught me you can always look for another way. It takes more than money to have CLASS. It's whats on the inside that counts.

A redneck does anyway he can, by the sweat of his brow, and sun burning his neck. And by your talk you are a gold plated redneck. Consider it the highest honor. For it is.

Indeed, the derogatory effect the term has for some is unfortunate. It's a badge of honor, a badge of working man, who solves his own problems and develops his own solutions.

Howdy, wanted to post my idea for a little more wind protection. Still not as effective as a good fairing at clearing up some of the buffeting. When I purchased the bike used, it came with a tall and a shorter windshield. I cut the shorter windshield in half and using stock mounting hardware was able to slip the 2 halves in behind the tall windshield slightly off set from the tall shield. Leaving about 3 1/2" on either side for much more wind protection. I still hope to get a fairing at some time. Just an idea that most people don't even notice.
Simple - effective. Ingenuity matters more than wallet size in my book.

Back