Head tech at a dealership told me that these bikes aren't high revving bikes and the valves don't need to be checked until a lot of miles has been obtained. What he meant by "a lot of miles" I have no clue. Later on I had my bike at another Triumph dealership and besides other things had them check the valves after all. This was done near the 10,000 mile mark. They had to adjust one and that was it. Should have kept my money in my pocket. On the maintenance schedule the next time is 30,000 mile. I might wait until 40,000 to do it again.

The policy changed, it used to be at 10,000. Now my dealer says every 20,000. I will be very close ro 40,000 by the time I get home.

Thanks guys! I had mine checked at 10,000 like I said earlier but think I'll wait till 30,000 to checkem !

I go in for my first 10K mile check next week and the valve check has indeed been moved out to 20K miles.

I was told by my dealer that two valves were out of spec. I think I was bull****ted because I was charged for labor but not for shims. The dealer is now out of business!

I was told by my dealer that two valves were out of spec. I think I was bull****ted because I was charged for labor but not for shims. The dealer is now out of business!
they exchange the Shims as a Rule so shouldn't need to charge for them, I also was told not to bother about having them checked at the 10k service, had them checked at 20k and they were all good

they exchange the Shims as a Rule so shouldn't need to charge for them, I also was told not to bother about having them checked at the 10k service, had them checked at 20k and they were all good
Thanks Hanso! I had mine checked at 10,000 so think I'll wait till 30,000

Awesome that makes any service i need done before RDU well within the scope of my bumbling mechanical skills :)

Back