Maintenance Schedule

slydog75

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic
So I'm confused... I was looking up the maintenance schedule in the manual and it appears to say that the oil should be changed every 500 miles.. is that first column just the VERY FIRST 500 miles? And if so, does that mean the recommended oil change is either only once a year or 10,000 miles? Seems high.

1598209146215.png

Yes. The mileage is the odometer reading. So, per the chart, first oil change at 500 miles and then second at 10,000 miles or one year. That said the manual maintenance chart was updated in 2013. My dealer provided me this when i got my girl in '14.
-MIG

Scheduled_Maintenance_Check_Sheet_V7_10000 miles_EN-page-001.jpg

So I'm confused... I was looking up the maintenance schedule in the manual and it appears to say that the oil should be changed every 500 miles.. is that first column just the VERY FIRST 500 miles? And if so, does that mean the recommended oil change is either only once a year or 10,000 miles? Seems high.

1598209146215.png

IMO those are guides not a mandated schedule. It varies with how and where you ride your bike.
Learn to change it. It's costly at the dealership. Make sure you have the filter, crush washers and seals on hand.

Sly... did you fix the idle issue? Have you ridden the bike with the naked throttle bodies?

IMO those are guides not a mandated schedule. It varies with how and where you ride your bike.
Learn to change it. It's costly at the dealership. Make sure you have the filter, crush washers and seals on hand.

Sly... did you fix the idle issue? Have you ridden the bike with the naked throttle bodies?

You mean did I ride it with the ducting removed? No. I'm not sure if I fixed the issue yet as I just got it put back together this morning (putting that **** ducting back in was ridiculous) and it's been raining ever since.

+1 @1K9

Many modern vehicles no longer specify maintenance intervals; instead have algorithm based maintenance indications to the operator.

Manufactures have long indicated with notes in those schedules that "conditions may require more frequent ________".

Back