Maggie at the Dragstrip (Cayuga Ontario)

That’s Awesome, I appreciate the post. I aspire to get my R3 to the strip at some point. Did anyone catch video of the run where your wheel popped up?

Earlier In the thread the question was asked if traction control was off. Is there ever any advantage for this bike of turning TC off at the strip? I’m certainly not going to do it anytime soon. But curious if someone skilled in the arts might managed to do a better job than the bike would.

That’s Awesome, I appreciate the post. I aspire to get my R3 to the strip at some point. Did anyone catch video of the run where your wheel popped up?

Earlier In the thread the question was asked if traction control was off. Is there ever any advantage for this bike of turning TC off at the strip? I’m certainly not going to do it anytime soon. But curious if someone skilled in the arts might managed to do a better job than the bike would.
No video of that run. Traction control was on. The R3 will spin the tires all the way in to 3rd gear so it makes no sense to turn off the technology that will increase acceleration.

I managed to get 12 passes in and each one got better. Except one pass near the end of the day where i thought i could handle launching at about 3500 rpm. The front wheel came up about 2 feet and nearly pulled my arms out of their sockets. I did not panic and powered through it but it was not my best run. I did get a cheer from the crown though. My best run ended up being an 11.6 at 118 mph. I am convinced that the bike, in stock form, can easily get to 10.5 sec. season is over for me so will try again next year.
Probably even faster. A top drag racer got a 10.68 out of it - but not only is he a pro, he probably weighs 150lbs. Magazines have been getting 11.1x. I'm sure a heavier amateur can get 11.5. I'm looking forward to trying next year

Back