Maggie at the Dragstrip (Cayuga Ontario)

Curious, did you do burnouts to warm the tire?

My best friend, who races his 560hp Hayabusa and his "stock" Hayabusa says he never does a burnout on his "slow" bike. Due to the excellent track prep he says it's not necessary and just squares the street tire. On his turbo bike he definitely warms the tire.

Was

Was the run in the video your fastest? Sounded like you hit the rev limiter (something I've done many times).

If you don't mind, I'm curious about your weight. I'm 225+20lbs of gear and am trying to get an idea as to what I might be able to do at my local track. I'm a newb too.

I love the exhaust note!
Yes hit rev limiter in 2nd. There is no need to get on the revs with this machine. Max power and torque as anyone can see in posted Dyno charts occurs below 6,000 rpm. So there is no benefit to going well beyond that. Grip on track was phenomenal. Like Velcro. Video was not of my fastest time. On one of my launches the front wheel came up about 2 feet. Scared the $%^& out of me! Someone with better skill can easily get the R3 to mid 10 sec. The exhaust is the new Zard with db killers removed. i am same weight as you.

Pretty nice for a street bike. Practice will lower your ET's.
I managed to get 12 passes in and each one got better. Except one pass near the end of the day where i thought i could handle launching at about 3500 rpm. The front wheel came up about 2 feet and nearly pulled my arms out of their sockets. I did not panic and powered through it but it was not my best run. I did get a cheer from the crown though. My best run ended up being an 11.6 at 118 mph. I am convinced that the bike, in stock form, can easily get to 10.5 sec. season is over for me so will try again next year.

I managed to get 12 passes in and each one got better. Except one pass near the end of the day where i thought i could handle launching at about 3500 rpm. The front wheel came up about 2 feet and nearly pulled my arms out of their sockets. I did not panic and powered through it but it was not my best run. I did get a cheer from the crown though. My best run ended up being an 11.6 at 118 mph. I am convinced that the bike, in stock form, can easily get to 10.5 sec. season is over for me so will try again next year.
You may want to consider a backrest (like a Utopia) to take the load off your arms and put it on your back for serious launch's. Also try starts in 2nd gear and slipping the clutch at launch if you're going to raise the RPMs (gets you thru the gearbox faster too).

You may want to consider a backrest (like a Utopia) to take the load off your arms and put it on your back for serious launch's. Also try starts in 2nd gear and slipping the clutch at launch if you're going to raise the RPMs (gets you thru the gearbox faster too).
Great suggestion. The Corbin seat comes with a backrest for the rider and i left it at home. 😂😂😂 thanks for the suggestions, i will try it.

Forgot to mention that i did not get to 6th gear in any of the runs. End of the 1/4 mile always came up topped out in 5th gear. R3 generally speaking has very tall gears.

Forgot to mention that i did not get to 6th gear in any of the runs. End of the 1/4 mile always came up topped out in 5th gear. R3 generally speaking has very tall gears.
Which is why you want to start in 2nd, you won't bounce off the rev limiter as easily if you start in a higher gear. The engine can take it, the clutch will be your weak link.

Back