Luggage Rack and Sissy Bar - high cost

sams2100

.040 Over
I can't believe how much a new luggage rack costs ($400) and it doesn't even come with the back pad for the sissy bar or the emblem, those are even more money beyond that.

Does anyone know of someone with a wrecked rocket, or someone who doesn't want their rack anymore?

Or maybe if someone has experimented with matching up a different brand of luggage rack/sissy bar with our bikes? Even a harley luggage rack doesn't cost anywhere near as much as these. Hell, I might start fabricating these simple things and retire early. :D

I can't believe how much a new luggage rack costs ($400) and it doesn't even come with the back pad for the sissy bar or the emblem, those are even more money beyond that.

Does anyone know of someone with a wrecked rocket, or someone who doesn't want their rack anymore?

Or maybe if someone has experimented with matching up a different brand of luggage rack/sissy bar with our bikes? Even a harley luggage rack doesn't cost anywhere near as much as these. Hell, I might start fabricating these simple things and retire early. :D

Ask anybody with a trophy wife. A nice rack is ALWAYS expensive ;)

P.S. Anybody looking to buy a Rocket, I would suggest buying a used one that someone else bought all the toys for. To set one up from scratch costs $$$$.

I don't think the R3 Touring quick-release sissy bar/rack will fit the Roadster.

Just be patient and keep checking Ebay or the classifieds here. They do show up from time to time and for way less than new..

Ask anybody with a trophy wife. A nice rack is ALWAYS expensive ;)

P.S. Anybody looking to buy a Rocket, I would suggest buying a used one that someone else bought all the toys for. To set one up from scratch costs $$$$.

I agree, a nice rack always costs extra, but I'd be willing to accept a used rack any day for half the cost. If only women worked out that way.

My roadster had the rack/sissy bar on it when I was looking to buy it, but at the last second the guy said he didn't want to sell the rack with it and since it was such a great deal, I bought anyway. Completely agree used is the way to go and get all the extras for free if you can.

I have the set up and used it about four times in six years, handy when you need it but I hate the look of my bike with it on.:eek:i

I agree, I'd rather not have it, but seeing as I have to carry a laptop to and from work with me, that's really my only option for mounting a bag on the bike. It would be a permanent fixture on mine.:cool:

Back